Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2023, 08:57 AM   #136
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i like the built in nickel font on kobo. tried sideloading bookerly ( which i use on my tablet) and also other options, but nickel seems to suit the device display and is responsive to changes to margin, linespacing, font size, done with the device controls

nickel looks smaller than, say, bookerly thus more between line space. that could probably be tweaked with advanced font settings though

sometimes I enable Publisher's default, to see if publisher has been adventurous and used multiple fonts, but most often they haven't

i have not bothered to try to get the nickel font onto non kobo devices - not sure how easy that is, or what the official font licencing situation is. i suspect that using it commercially would be a big no no.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:03 AM   #137
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It does surprise me that Amazon has made Bookerly worse by removing the hinting that the Kindle needs to properly render Bookerly.
is that partly to do with kfx. amazon claim that kfx improves how fonts are rendered, but youd not get that with a side loaded amazon font on a kobo device

this is from their enhanced typography pages
https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=11516960011
"Bookerly (serif) and Ember (sans serif), both Kindle-exclusive fonts, emulate the style of the best fonts in modern print books while providing great readability on digital screens of all sizes. Or choose from several other traditional fonts."
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:31 AM   #138
zielin
zielin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
You can use font drop's compare feature and see if you can spot a difference
Thank you for your answer Colonel Cathcart, I didn't know this site which looks very useful .

Alas I don't have these fonts to compare them...
zielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 03:25 PM   #139
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
ChareInk6 SP for me.

No other font compares. Honestly, when I grab a paper book to read at the book store, I'm reminded very quickly why I have my Kobo Forma.

Can't tolerate the eye sore fonts that publishers print their books in.

Last edited by DNSB; 01-08-2024 at 04:21 PM.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 09:10 PM   #140
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
The automod of my account is annoying. I post, and then nothing appears, and I think there's been some kind of glitch and post again.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 03:28 PM   #141
Shpounz
Shpounz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I am still very happy with the Litera Book font (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=601)
Shpounz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:22 PM   #142
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
The automod of my account is annoying. I post, and then nothing appears, and I think there's been some kind of glitch and post again.
I tend to regard the automod with the same aura of mystery as to why some new poster get private message access and others do not.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:42 PM   #143
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I tend to regard the automod with the same aura of mystery as to why some new poster get private message access and others do not.
And quite a few spams still slip through. Why won't every first post from a new member go into auto-moderation?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:45 PM   #144
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
And quite a few spams still slip through. Why won't every first post from a new member go into auto-moderation?
I would suggest the first 10 posts and then stop the moderation. we'd have someone register and then post a few spam posts. I've not seen more then 10. So that would be a good low number to use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote