Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
fen-sawn
fen-sawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
iBooks not allowing justification

So I'm creating an ePub to sell through Kobo, and eventually other platforms, and I've noticed that when opening my ePub file in iBooks, the "Justify Text" option has no effect unlike every other ePub I've tested, opened, learned from.

I don't have text-alignement coded specifically in my CSS for my normal paragraphs, and the justification / left-align options work when I load it onto my kobo touch mini.

Does anyone know what's going on?
fen-sawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fen-sawn View Post
So I'm creating an ePub to sell through Kobo, and eventually other platforms, and I've noticed that when opening my ePub file in iBooks, the "Justify Text" option has no effect unlike every other ePub I've tested, opened, learned from.

I don't have text-alignement coded specifically in my CSS for my normal paragraphs, and the justification / left-align options work when I load it onto my kobo touch mini.

Does anyone know what's going on?
Have you looked at your settings, for the iBooks app? The settings in iBooks can override your CSS for the ePUB.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibooks, justification, justification not working, justify, left-align