Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Frotz
Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle touch
Hacking Kubrick, need source

I was playing around with Kubrick and ultimately didn't use it because I'd rather use the 5.0.x firmware for the Kindle Touch. I figured that there might not be enough room in a DVD image to hold all possible firmwares. I then started thinking why not dispose with the DVD image and make something that requires a thumbdrive. That way all the firmware images can be offered. I opened up Kubrick and I think I understand how to put an image back together, but what I really need is to modify the Kubrick program itself. Is the source code available in such a form that I can readily recompile it into the kubrick.jar file?
Frotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
I was playing around with Kubrick and ultimately didn't use it because I'd rather use the 5.0.x firmware for the Kindle Touch. I figured that there might not be enough room in a DVD image to hold all possible firmwares. I then started thinking why not dispose with the DVD image and make something that requires a thumbdrive. That way all the firmware images can be offered. I opened up Kubrick and I think I understand how to put an image back together, but what I really need is to modify the Kubrick program itself. Is the source code available in such a form that I can readily recompile it into the kubrick.jar file?
Goto first post of Kubrick thread -
Open "Technical Stuff" spoiler -
Find links that answer this question.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@Frotz:
If all you need is (multiple) K5 images, you probably only need to create appropriate subfolders in the resources/devices, and to edit the DebrickConfiguration.java to account for them. As a bonus, you probably can re-use the existing fastboot.sfs and tts.tar.lzma files, something along these lines:
Code:
### assuming that you're in the kubrick/resources/devices directory:
mkdir k5_5.0
cd k5_5.0
ln -s ../k5/tts.tar.lzma .
# all that is left to do is to provide the fastboot.sfs and main_partition.tar.lzma file.
EDIT:
Ah... no, you can't reuse the fastboot.sfs, because it contains the main kernel, too. While you can reuse the diags kernel and partition inside the fastboot.sfs, you will still need to provide the correct main kernel.

Last edited by ixtab; 07-21-2013 at 05:40 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kubrick, source, source code