Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 04:41 AM   #16
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Reporting back today
Sorry I know it is nothing to do with Mobile Reads
Got this Error Message 0x800701E3
And just now another one

Externals just dont seem very reliable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Message 2.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	186199  
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Reporting back today
Sorry I know it is nothing to do with Mobile Reads
Got this Error Message 0x800701E3
And just now another one

Externals just dont seem very reliable!
Not only does this not have anything to do with CALIBRE (where you posted)
I am not sure where MR came in question?
And I will disagree. There are plenty of external drives in use. You need to just pay attention to basic details. (you would not believe the what I have seen in person)
1) A stable location
2) reliable connection to the host (Rats nests move USB plugs)
3) adequate cooling (not buried under stuff/covered/in sun...)
4) reliable stable power
5) Routine lint cleaning inside cases (100% needed if the case has a fan) DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE DRIVE BODY. The only place I have seen that did not need this is a real Data Centre Environment. even then, Clothing sheds dust and fibres. So the PM interval times just become longer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:06 AM   #18
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Thanks theducks. Did say sorry
Received a lot of help here.
All done.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote