Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #1
tutoke
tutoke began at the beginning.

Device: android (9) tablet
Calibre stops when tablet connects as MTP

Good morning,
I am new to this forum and hope that I send my request at the proper place.
I have been using calibre on my Win10 laptop since years, using it f.i. to download my news selection and passing it on to my tablet. This has worked very well, untill a couple of days ago.
When starting Calibre with my tablet connected as media apparatus (MTP), it stops immediately after starting up. It also stops (quits) when I connect my tablet later on.
I do not find any explanation for this. Can anyone support me in finding a solution? Many thanks beforhand.
tutoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sadly a few mtp devices have been known to crash calibre on windows. I ahve never been able to get my hands on one, so havent been able to fix it. You can try either resetting your device or using one of the wireless transfer methods described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, stops, tablet