Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Red face 0.8.6 -> 0.8.8 go boom

Windows Vista (32-bit)

After the upgrade I get the splash screen and then... nothing. Calibre.exe shows in the process list, but just sits there. I let it sit there for a very long time then killed the process.

calibre-debug -g output:
Code:
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 260, in initialize
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 241, in initialize_db
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 210, in initialize_db_stage2
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 166, in start_gui
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 208, in initialize
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\init.py", line 228, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\init.py", line 120, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\init.py", line 110, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 54, in __init__
KeyError: 'horizontal_scrolling_per_column'
Any suggestions?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your mixing a default_tweaks.py file from two different versions of calibre. Search your computer for this file and ensure the only one present is in the calibre installation folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Interesting. I always leave the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM environment variable set up, but I point it to a non-existent dummy folder ".../calibre/srcjunk" instead of ".../calibre/src" within my calibre source repo... basically because I'm lazy and don't want to setup the environment variable from scratch each and every time.

To make a long story short... it was using the defaults_tweaks.py file from the ".../calibre" folder of my source repo. Deleting the environment variable fixed it. I didn't realize any of the parent directories of the CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM env var were in play. I wasn't running from src or anything... the asterisk wasn't showing up in the GUI before I upgraded, anyway. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote