Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
6.16 okay w/Vista XP systems??

It's hard to judge the bug reports.

Please advise if I should upgrade my Vista and XP systems to 6.16?

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post

I used 0.6.16 quite a bit yesterday on my XP SP3 machine. I added and converted 20-30 books from various formats to epub with no problems.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Added and converted more than 200 books on win 7 this weekend

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
deanstow
deanstow began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise, prs300
While I had some occasional crash problems with 6.15, 6.16 has run flawlessly and even converted a book that failed to convert with 6.15.

I would say go for it.
deanstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
oldgoat
oldgoat began at the beginning.

Device: None
WIN 7 64 bit

Will Calibre run in a 64 bit system?

Oldgoat
oldgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Calibre fine on Vista 64 bit

No problems on Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
RittTheRoo
RittTheRoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook
This version has completely eliminated the random crashes I would get if I left Calibre running for longer than an hour. It has been sitting in my task bar for almost a week now without a single problem.
RittTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete

I went from version 5 to 6.16 on my Vista home edition a couple of weeks ago........No problems whatsoever.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
No problems with the latest update on Windows XP SP3 for me.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote