Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Crash while batch converting epubs under windows

Running windows xp and calibre 0.5.8, 'calibre - E-book library management has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I clicked on "Debug", how do i go about reporting this properly (if not now, next time)?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I had a similar problem a couple of days ago. Not only did calibre crash, but the computer froze. I had to switch it off with the power button. I've done all the usual: run a virus check etc, but am baffled.
Also, calibre keeps freezing my 505. After I've loaded books via calibre, my 505 freezes and I lose all my bookmarks and collections. This never happens when I use the Sony software.

Baffling.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Running windows xp and calibre 0.5.8, 'calibre - E-book library management has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I clicked on "Debug", how do i go about reporting this properly (if not now, next time)?
I'm afraid you can't That error indicates some kind of critical fault, like a segmentation fault (an attempt to access memory outside the assigned area or some such). The only way to debug these things as far as I know, is to run the program with some tracing software and then reproduce the crash.

@BookCat what format of files are you sending to the 505?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Usually pdf files which have been converted to lrf by calibre. Sometimes txt or rtf files which have been likewise converted. I mainly use calibre as a conversion tool for non lrf formats.

I hope this helps. At present I still use the Sony software for sending pre-formatted books to the reader.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote