Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
twobob: You keep this up by adding more and more "apps", soon I'll be able to replace my iMac with a Kindle Anyway you could port Microsoft Office onto the Kindle? Just kidding
Hush your mouth.
The application's name is: OpenOffice.org

And yes, several people have reported trying to run the Debian version on a Kindle.
Only that, **reported trying**.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
thanks knc1!
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #18
woel
woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Looks really cool! Do you plan on redesigning the interface, i.e. making it more Kindle-style with white background and black (bigger) icons?
woel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woel View Post
Looks really cool! Do you plan on redesigning the interface, i.e. making it more Kindle-style with white background and black (bigger) icons?
To find out -
go to the kual project developer's forum:
http://kual.knetconnect.com

register

go to that forum, start a thread or threads on your questions and suggestions.

This MR forum is general Kindle support, the one above is specific to the KUAL launcher project.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
so yeah...

took HOW LONG to fix the crashing issues???
04-11-2013

a while...

but...

expect more soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_15T22_05_18+0000.png
Views:	429
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	113440  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay... update..

now building 0.5.5 Built fine, runs fine (that's 5 versions newer)

sweet... just need to retrofit all my changes. DOH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_16T04_28_04+0000.png
Views:	400
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	113446  

Last edited by twobob; 10-16-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #22
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Release! Release! Release! Even with fronter
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
okay... update..

now building 0.5.5 Built fine, runs fine (that's 5 versions newer)

sweet... just need to retrofit all my changes. DOH.
There is a very definite trend here:

Code seems to grow out of the palms of your hands when the moon is full.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
twobob

how many times will I NOT put the configure in the top thread and then need it later?

DOH..............

Quote:
CFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -static-libstdc++ -ffast-math -mfloat-abi=softfp" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/mnt/us/extensions/midori/usr/lib -static-libstdc++" ./configure --prefix=/mnt/us/extensions/midori/usr --disable-zeitgeist --disable-webkit2 --disable-gtk3 --disable-tests --enable-addons --disable-granite --disable-unique --disable-apidocs --disable-docs
tbc...

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #25
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
On a relatively off-topic note, has anyone thought of having a better browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G? When going to Google Maps on the stock Webkit of K3, it crashes. I don't think Webkit of K4/KT can be ported, right?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #26
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
On a relatively off-topic note, has anyone thought of having a better browser for Kindle Keyboard 3G? When going to Google Maps on the stock Webkit of K3, it crashes. I don't think Webkit of K4/KT can be ported, right?
I asked the midori crew about it.

framebuffer gtk was never well supported... might see I can can get an ancient version running.

in the main, at this time - I got nothing, but Yolina's kind donation of a k3 could spur on support for at least a few older debian apps...

The real WIN would be wayland

Quote:
<MonkeyofDoom> nowadays I think framebuffer stuff might be easiest using the fbdev backend of weston (the wayland reference compositor)
and he's right about that. I'll see if I can convince buildroot to spit out something compliant enough for the older devices. (I have it for the newer ones)

again I will need help... no idea how to use it.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #27
twobob

RELEASE CANDIDATE 0.1 is up.

Need feedback, still needs some theming work, but mainly it's all good.

the gtkrc is RIGHT THERE in /mnt/us/extensions/midori/pixmaps/gtkrc if you want to tweak and contribute your changes... I mainly ripped an old one of bafs for now.. (filled with irrelevant stuff too...) so shoot me.

Many thanks.

GIVE FEEDBACK
Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #28
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Looks great - too bad I don't have a paperwhite to test with THANK YOU for the work so far!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #29
twobob

if you wrapped it in a rotation script., might be okay??? see bafs broswer thread for an example of how he did that with skipstone... no promises but may well work.

EDIT: Nope. gave it a go for you.

I'll look to patch based on model or go with full time rotation or offer rotation in a sub-menu...

Or something.

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #30
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I asked the midori crew about it.

framebuffer gtk was never well supported... might see I can can get an ancient version running.

in the main, at this time - I got nothing, but Yolina's kind donation of a k3 could spur on support for at least a few older debian apps...

The real WIN would be wayland

and he's right about that. I'll see if I can convince buildroot to spit out something compliant enough for the older devices. (I have it for the newer ones)

again I will need help... no idea how to use it.
That's awesome twobob.

What I ideally like would be to get as many features as possible from newer Kindle's Webkit ported back to K3. <- Holy shit that was a good sentence I guess given English is my 3rd language, eh?

I'm getting my cross-compiling environment up and running on Arch again after almost 2 years. Was away for awhile.
To be honest, after owning a K3, I absolutely love it. An eReader without audio capabilities is useless for me and I don't like how companies are getting rid of them in new devices! As someone else said, K3 is like Microsoft's Windows XP. Everything about it just makes more sense, at least to me. I've not looked back at my Katie (KT: Kindle Touch ) since I got this baby behaving at home!

P.S. Wish Amazon could have upgraded another generation of Kindle Keyboard with more powerful CPU and etc. I'm sure people will jump on it.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-18-2013 at 03:22 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions, kindle, kual, launcher add-ons, midori