Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #91
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm pretty sure I can make to a Saturday meet in Austin so long as it's not before Aug. 30. Terrific. I seldom have an excuse to get to Austin and this will give me one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #92
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm not seeing any responses to my previous post proposing that we meet at Panera Bread, 2805 Bee Caves Road in Austin -- 2pm Saturday, 23 August.

Please chime in and let me know if you will or won't be there. Since I'll be driving in from Sanger (50 miles north of Dallas), it would be nice to know whether anyone else will be there.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #93
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I'm not seeing any responses to my previous post proposing that we meet at Panera Bread, 2805 Bee Caves Road in Austin -- 2pm Saturday, 23 August.

Please chime in and let me know if you will or won't be there. Since I'll be driving in from Sanger (50 miles north of Dallas), it would be nice to know whether anyone else will be there.
Yes, yes ... sorry ... didn't see that post!! Yes, I will be there!! Two in the afternoon, 23rd August .... 2805 Bee Caves Road. That's a perfect location for me ... I can pick up supplies at Pet Smart on my way there.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #94
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yes, yes ... sorry ... didn't see that post!! Yes, I will be there!! Two in the afternoon, 23rd August .... 2805 Bee Caves Road. That's a perfect location for me ... I can pick up supplies at Pet Smart on my way there.
I thought it was Pets Mart!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #95
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I thought it was Pets Mart!
Well ... it's actually PetSmart ... with the P and the S in capital letters. So ... I dunno. They pronounce it "Pet Smart," so, that's the way I tend to think of it ....

Hmmm .... on their web site http://www.petsmart.com/home/index.jsp, they have the word "Pet" in blue and "Smart" in red.

So .... I think it's Pet Smart .... not Pets Mart. But ... I must admit, it's a good play on words.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #96
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
:Larry the Cable guy riff:
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #97
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
:Larry the Cable guy riff:
Snork!!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #98
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:

I have to return my brother home to San Antonio that weekend. Austin isn't that far away from where my parents live. I'll do my best to make it, I haven't had a chance to geek out with other book lovers in a long time.

Last edited by Amalthia; 08-11-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #99
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Elsi?? I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that it might just be you and me there that day. Love to meet you, but I'd hate to have you come so far just to meet me. Really, the drive just wouldn't be worth it.

Have you gotten more RSVPs than I'm seeing in this thread??
Old 08-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #100
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Elsi?? I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that it might just be you and me there that day. Love to meet you, but I'd hate to have you come so far just to meet me. Really, the drive just wouldn't be worth it.

Have you gotten more RSVPs than I'm seeing in this thread??
Definites? Not really. There were a couple of positives in the first page or so. Maybe I'll take some time tomorrow and send some individual notes -- using the membership location info and the Frappr map to see who claims to be in Texas.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #101
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Definites? Not really. There were a couple of positives in the first page or so. Maybe I'll take some time tomorrow and send some individual notes -- using the membership location info and the Frappr map to see who claims to be in Texas.
Great idea. It's not all that far for me, but for you it's more of a committment.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #102
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I must regret. Personal family matters have totally disrupted my life in the last 6 days, I can handle no more commitments for a while...RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #103
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I must regret. Personal family matters have totally disrupted my life in the last 6 days, I can handle no more commitments for a while...RSE
Ah shoot. We'll miss you, but I'm sure this should not be the only TX meet-up. Take care of yourself and those you love, then return to MobileRead.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #104
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I still plan on being there this Saturday.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #105
Elsi
Wizard

Super -- I'm hoping there'll be several people there. I'm going to come on down.

Tags
duck!, meet-up, texas, usa