Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-20-2022, 11:21 PM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Oh sorry, I’m not using calibre-web.
My fault; I hadn't stated that in the original post (which has now been updated).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 05:45 PM   #32
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Can we get the option to open links in Safari? For some of my books, I have specially formatted links in the Identifiers field which, when I use the Calibre Content Server in Safari, launches a specific app and opens the linked book in that app. But in Calibre Sync, clicking the link only opens a Google Chrome search of the url text, which I cannot do anything with.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #33
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Can we get the option to open links in Safari? For some of my books, I have specially formatted links in the Identifiers field which, when I use the Calibre Content Server in Safari, launches a specific app and opens the linked book in that app. But in Calibre Sync, clicking the link only opens a Google Chrome search of the url text, which I cannot do anything with.

You should have Safari as your default browser
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:46 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Currently series data is not transferred

Seems the API calibre sync uses does not include series data

Note: this is using a library served by calibre-web

Well... Series data from calibre-web is now supported. I gave a few ideas this morning and .... now it's been implemented.

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:23 PM   #35
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
You should have Safari as your default browser
Safari should be my default browse; I don’t use any other browser on iPad or phone. The links are opening in Google inside the Calibre Sync app.
Advert
Old 03-22-2022, 04:48 AM   #36
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Safari should be my default browse; I don’t use any other browser on iPad or phone. The links are opening in Google inside the Calibre Sync app.
We actually use SafariWebView for opening links, it really looks similar to a Google Chrome tab.

By the way, we have submitted a new version in the appstore that should open links with your default browser of choice, it will be live when it gets approved from the store

Last edited by calibre_sync; 03-22-2022 at 04:50 AM. Reason: typo
calibre_sync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:36 AM   #37
calibre_sync
Enthusiast
calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.calibre_sync knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Is it possible to get some kind of progress bar for Smart Device sync process?
This could be very helpful if large library (2-4k books to sync, some of them are large (50-500 Mb)) is being sync 1st time. Calibre just show if sync done. Calibre Sync doesn't show anything. Calibre Companion shows progress bar file for specific boks and for metada ops.
The latest version of the app should have progress status bar available for smart device book transfer

Last edited by calibre_sync; 03-22-2022 at 06:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2022, 06:36 AM   #38
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
About android 9 cannot select sdcard: it is an unexpected behaviour as we haven't seen reported issue, also it works in all our tests. Could you email your issue to us at calibre.sync.help@gmail.com so that we can look further?

ok - after more testing, i think i got it to work - but its a confusing process, to change the default download folder and get the change to stick

About the characters appending to book title in downloaded files, they are actually book UUID.

ok - but it would be better to make that a user controlled toggle. My use case is that I only have one library, and i much prefer that the filenames on every device match those in the master library
in the case where I have scanned in one song from a music book, then named the scanned PDF suitably, how is the UUID being generated. because there is no actual UUID capture in that workflow:
[ I scan selected music book pages on PC, open scanned pdf, type in title and author into [blank fields in ] document properties, save again... add to calibre... use sync to get a copy of the song music from there onto target tablet(s)

if i delete the on device file, then later I change my mind and download it again, will it get same appended UUID as before, or not ?

It is our design choice to make the download filename unique in download directory. The use case, for example, is that users might have multiple libraries point to a single download location, keeping only book title might have a chance of clashing name. If you manage your library from Calibre Sync app, it should understand the file name pattern correctly.

Hope that helps
yes, thanks
We will make the option to toggle download filename pattern available in future versions of the app

Last edited by calibre_sync; 03-22-2022 at 06:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2022, 06:38 AM   #39
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Success calibre-web downloads now work (as of version 3.6.1). I was able to supply some debugging info last night and they just pushed a fix to the Google Play Store.

Glad that it works
Old 03-26-2022, 05:17 AM   #40
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Well... Series data from calibre-web is now supported. I gave a few ideas this morning and .... now it's been implemented.

I have calibre-web with a copy of my calibre bib on my NAS and I have switched to WebDAV for the advanced features of calibre-sync. Now I don't really use calibre-web anymore
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #41
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
Hi,

Do you have any advice on how to get OTG SD visible to your app (Android 10, Onyx Boox, have root w/Magisk). It's doing my head in. I've gotten ReadEra finally to get it with Paragon Microsoft exFAT/NTFS for Android but that's not going to work here. Thanks.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #42
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookajoe View Post
Hi,

Do you have any advice on how to get OTG SD visible to your app (Android 10, Onyx Boox, have root w/Magisk). It's doing my head in. I've gotten ReadEra finally to get it with Paragon Microsoft exFAT/NTFS for Android but that's not going to work here. Thanks.
Unfortunately Google has made it extremely hard to read from sdcard in recent Android versions. We might not guarantee to make it work, but we can try our best . Could you please contact us on calibre.sync.help@gmail.com explaining your issue of OTG SD (screenshots or video recording would be helpful .

Cheers.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:38 PM   #43
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I’ve just installed this. It looks excellent so far. Thank you!
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:21 AM   #44
calibre_sync
Enthusiast

Quote:
Could you please share with us how you set up your identifier to email calibre.sync.help@gmail.com? We will try our best to help.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #45
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibre_sync View Post
Could you please share with us how you set up your identifier to email calibre.sync.help@gmail.com? We will try our best to help.

Cheers
I’ll send it sometime today. Thanks for following up.

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync