Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-03-2023, 04:36 PM   #3691
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood optioned for Passionflix....the thought of this series being screwed up scares me! How could they possibly do it justice?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 03:21 PM   #3692
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Gate Quest (Star Kingdom #5) by Lindsay Buroker (B+/4 stars)
  • Planet Killer (Star Kingdom #6) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 stars)
  • Home Front (Star Kingdom #7) by Lindsay Buroker (A/5 stars)
  • Layers of Force (Star Kingdom #8) by Lindsay Buroker (A-/5 stars)
  • Asylum (Star Kingdom #9) by Lindsay Buroker (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
none
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 01:21 PM   #3693
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Another Annabel Chase freebie, but this time the rest of the books in the series aren't free. But they are KU!

Double Down on Demons, Pandora's Pride #1
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086H1815Q
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086H1815Q

Spoiler:
Quote:
My father talked about Atlantic City the way some women talk about their ex-boyfriends. No good. Avoid at all costs. Soul-sucking even without the demons. Never mind that we lived across the country where, by day we worked as mountain guides, and at night he trained me to use my magic—not that I was allowed to showcase it. That was a hard no. So I hid my powers the way he hid his bourbon—until his murder.

With nothing to lose, I hightail it to—you guessed it—Atlantic City, where I make a deal with a group of monster hunters, including Saxon, a hot hybrid that ignites a helluva lot more than celestial fire. If I survive the takedown of an all-powerful demon, they’ll help me investigate my father’s murder. So what’s a girl to do when the chips are down?

Be the Wild Card they never saw coming.

Double Down on Demons is the first book in Pandora's Pride, an urban fantasy series featuring a heroine with a tongue as sharp as her blade, magical adventures, and havoc-wreaking demons.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:45 PM   #3694
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dark Wizard is free again, but as of now, seems to only be at Kindle US and Smashwords. @kg3's links below are still good (and make for easy price-checking...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

Dark Wizard (Bonds Of Magic #1) - Jeffe Kennedy

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Kobo US---Smashwords
Old 02-07-2023, 03:25 PM   #3695
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Dark Wizard is free again, but as of now, seems to only be at Kindle US and Smashwords. @kg3's links below are still good (and make for easy price-checking...)
If you have Kobo Plus, this book is included. See Kobo Canada: Dark Wizard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dark_wizard_koboplus.png
Views:	45
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	199568  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 04:32 PM   #3696
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

This "box set" is $0.99 again at Kindle US and Kobo US, and discountable at Kobo. And now it's FIVE books, woo-hoo! I've read and enjoyed these. Not my total favorites, but pretty good.

@worktolive's link below is still good for Kindle, and here's the Kobo link: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/hel...nce-collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
This looks like a pretty good deal, a box set of 4 hockey romances by Kelly Jamieson for $0.99.

Heller Brothers Hockey
Old 02-07-2023, 06:44 PM   #3697
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf is the second in Molly Harper's Naked Werewolf series, which should get a few points just for its name, IMO. It has dropped to $1.99 in the US right now. Note that this was on sale in the UK not too long ago, so if you travel, check carefully before you buy...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IK9CFW
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004IK9CFW
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...naked-werewolf

Spoiler:
Quote:
A werewolf alpha must protect her pack from outsiders and rivals—all while avoiding falling for a snooping human—in this second in a witty and sexy paranormal romance series from the author of the Nice Girls series.

Generations of werewolves have been secretly residing in a secluded valley a stone’s throw from Grundy, Alaska. So when a snooping Outsider comes to Grundy to investigate rumors of lycanthropic shenanigans in the area, the valley’s pack alpha, Maggie Graham, resolves to chase him away, even if doing so takes a quick bite on the butt.

What a pity that researcher Nick Thatcher turns out to be so drool-worthy, and that his kisses make Maggie want to sit up and beg. Maggie just can’t seem to convince Nick to leave…and even worse, she can’t convince herself to stay away from him. Cross-species dating is problem enough for a harried alpha female, but on top of that, a rival group of werewolves is trying to move into the valley. With interpack war threatening, Maggie can’t afford to be distracted. Combining romance and a career can be tough for anyone; for a werewolf in love with a human, it may be disastrous.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:15 PM   #3698
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Touch Not the Cat has dropped to $0.99 in the US right now.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GVFUEOU
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/touch-not-the-cat-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Mary Stewart's Touch Not the Cat is £0.99 in the UK, as part of the "Countdown to Christmas" deal.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WJRUF8
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WJRUF8
Old 02-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #3699
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Madam, Will You Talk is my absolute favorite Mary Stewart title, although I have a few other favorites that are right up there too. It has also dropped to $0.99 in the US right now.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GW4P044
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GW4P044
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/madam-will-you-talk-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
'The terrible thirsty heat of the Provençal summer, the noise of the cicadas, the dust of the country buses . . . an excellent tale of mystery' The Times

It sounds idyllic: a leisurely drive through the sun-drenched landscape of Provence. But Charity's dream holiday turns into a nightmare when she becomes embroiled in a sinister plot to kidnap a young boy. She soon finds herself in a deadly pursuit and must uncover who to trust . . . and who to fall for.

Whenever I look back now on the strange and terrifying events of that holiday in Southern France, I remember the minutes I spent gazing at the golden arches of the Roman aqueduct over the Gardon... the last brief lull before the thunder.

Last edited by sufue; 02-08-2023 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:34 PM   #3700
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I know a lot of folks on here like to listen to audiobooks, and I just noticed that Fated Blades (recent Kinsmen novella by Ilona Andrews) is listed in the Audible $1.99 sale right now. I am FAR FAR from an audiobook expert, so don't know if the $1.99 sale is limited to some types of memberships or not. (I'm on a Premium Plus trial right now...)

Anyway, here's the link, YMMV: https://www.audible.com/pd/Fated-Bla...ook/B09KMF7S7K
Old 02-08-2023, 02:01 PM   #3701
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FaRoFeb free books today only

https://farofeb.com/freebooks/

Lots of authors.

I enjoyed L Penelope's Angelborn

And I snagged the Michelle Diener one, though I am woefully behind on all of her books since she's mostly KU.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:03 AM   #3702
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Encore in Death (In Death #56/#67) by JD Robb (B-/3 stars)
  • For the Wolf (The Wilderwood #1) by Hannah Whitten (B/4 stars)
  • Cherish Me, Cowboy (Wildflower Ranch #1) by Alissa Callen (B-/3 stars)
  • Her Mistletoe Cowboy (Wildflower Ranch #2) by Alissa Callen (B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
none
Old 02-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #3703
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I see that you're not thrilled by Encore in Death either.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 04:52 PM   #3704
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I see that you're not thrilled by Encore in Death either.
I didn't dislike it per se.

It had a few memorable character moments. But (spoilers)
Spoiler:
The opening paragraphs made it too obvious who the killer was. I never even suspected anyone else and was vexed that at one point Eve agreed with Peobody's assumption they were actually the intented target rather than the killer. To be fair, Eve never entirely ruled them out as a suspect... but

The case felt run-of-the-mill. So an average rating seemed apt.

I was thinking it was my mood this past week since many of my books I read this week I rated so. But to me 3 stars is not a bad book. C+/B- is a perfectly respectable grade. And I almost gave the one full B read a B- as well

It just didn't stand out from the other 50+ books in the series. But I also hold the books in this series to a pretty high standard. She is overdo soon for a hit-it-out-of-the-park entry in the series. Even with the last few books being "disappointing" they are still a read ASAP for me.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:54 AM   #3705
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I totally agree with you in all the points, really. One problem this time was that, the first couple of chapters, I didn't know if I had read the book or not. Perhaps she had published the first chapter in Internet.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote