Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #31
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akikara View Post
I have Kindle Touch (4th Generation). Can I apply this firmware?
No. The 4th generation Kindle Touch has an older, totally different software.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #32
akikara
Enthusiast
akikara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the answer.
akikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #33
wenyyang
wenyyang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis
I upgrade to this version by mistake. Is there any possible way that I can downgrade to factory version, 5.7.4?
wenyyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #34
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenyyang View Post
I upgrade to this version by mistake. Is there any possible way that I can downgrade to factory version, 5.7.4?
Unless your device is already jailbroken then no. Some Kindle models can be jailbroken using an internal serial port, but I do not believe that is possible with an Oasis.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #35
sakurako
sakurako began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
@ Pyjam

No, I checked 2 of my downloaded kindle books, it is "cover" in the table of contents.
sakurako is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2018, 01:16 AM   #36
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
@Sakuro. Thanks. I've reported the 'bug' to Amazon.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:10 AM   #37
rupan88
rupan88 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, KO3
The newest update is also available for Paperwhite 3 for download on Amazon's website, but for some reason when I put it on my device it says it's an invalid update file.
rupan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #38
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupan88 View Post
The newest update is also available for Paperwhite 3 for download on Amazon's website, but for some reason when I put it on my device it says it's an invalid update file.
No, it is not available.
Official PW3 update page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201756220
Direct link (no file, error stub):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...ite_5.10.2.bin
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #39
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
No, it is not available.
Official PW3 update page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201756220
Direct link (no file, error stub):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...ite_5.10.2.bin
Your link goes to update 5.9.7 My PW3 is running 5.10.1.1.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #40
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Your link goes to update 5.9.7 My PW3 is running 5.10.1.1.
5.10.1.1 has been pulled back and is available now as direct link only.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 AM   #41
Heqian_Yanqiu
Heqian_Yanqiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
deleted

Last edited by Heqian_Yanqiu; 01-05-2019 at 06:14 AM. Reason: deleted
Heqian_Yanqiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #42
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm totally "vendor agnostic". I buy books from all sorts of different bookstores, store in Calibre, and convert as required. Every book on my Oasis 2 (currently 9243 of them) has been sideloaded from Calibre. I find it a little amusing when people say that buying a Kindle "locks you in" to Amazon. It locks you in to nothing at all!
Don't you lose some features when you sideload, though?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #43
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Only the unimportant ones (for me, personally. )Like syncing between devices, Word Wise and the like. All the major, important features work well with sideloaded books.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:15 AM   #44
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I'm beginning to wonder if the Kindle Paperwhite 3 is ever going to get the newest firmware. It seems like an awful long time to be bypassing it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:10 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
None that matter to me personally. The main thing you lose is cross-device syncing, but given that I only ever read books on a single device that's irrelevant to me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote