Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
silentArtifact
silentArtifact began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone XR
Connected to Content Server, but No Data/Download Option

Hello all,

I'm running calibre web from a docker container on my Synology NAS, and have gotten the Companion to connect successfully. It lists all my books and so forth, but when I select any book, it just displays a blank page; no options to download, or even view information on the book itself. What am I missing?
silentArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentArtifact View Post
Hello all,

I'm running calibre web from a docker container on my Synology NAS, and have gotten the Companion to connect successfully. It lists all my books and so forth, but when I select any book, it just displays a blank page; no options to download, or even view information on the book itself. What am I missing?
What version of calibre are you running?

Are you changing libraries in CC after connecting? If so, does it work if you don't change libraries?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
silentArtifact

I'm running the most recent version, from 1/3/19 (I believe, I can dig into the logs to check for version numbers).

I haven't tried changing libraries, but then again, I'm not completely sure how... I just click "Connect" and "Content Server" and it all springs up.

Edit: The server is running from this image: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre-web/

Last edited by silentArtifact; 01-04-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does the device work properly when it connects to a content server that is running with the GUI? I am looking to see if there is some issue with the standalone server and URL rewriting.

What do the server logs say when the failure occurs?
Old 01-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #5
silentArtifact

Looked through the logs, wiped them, and tested it fresh, nothing even appears in the server log files. Not terribly helpful, I'm sure.

I'm not completely sure, as far as other content servers. I've used the wireless device connection on a machine running the Calibre Win10 client, and it connected just fine.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentArtifact View Post
Looked through the logs, wiped them, and tested it fresh, nothing even appears in the server log files. Not terribly helpful, I'm sure.

I'm not completely sure, as far as other content servers. I've used the wireless device connection on a machine running the Calibre Win10 client, and it connected just fine.
If nothing appears in the server log files then CC isn't talking to that server. If it *is* talking to that server then there will be logs showing use of URLs with "opds" in them. Make sure you are looking that the actual logs for that server.

The wireless device connection is different from the content server. I am glad that it worked, but unfortunately that doesn't help us.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
silentArtifact

Yeah. I'll poke around with it a bit more and see if I can't figure out what's up. It's definitely finding my library, as it shows books as I add them, but... something's up. I'll fiddle with it and get back to you!