Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 04:09 AM   #2041
salty-horse
Connoisseur
salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.salty-horse is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The People's Republic of Everything by Nick Mamatas is $0.05 on Amazon.com as part of the Kindle Daily Deal. But I think it should be gone any minute now. I think it was supposed to be $1.99.

This is a short story collection. Goodreads

Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey is $1.99 on Amazon.com (monthly deal).

This is the first book in the hellish urban fantasy/horror series. Goodreads.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:21 AM   #2042
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
The People's Republic of Everything by Nick Mamatas is $0.05 on Amazon.com as part of the Kindle Daily Deal. But I think it should be gone any minute now. I think it was supposed to be $1.99.
I just clicked over and it shows as $8.49 for me, which is still a discount from the Kindle list price of $9.99.

But, I was really hoping to spend a nickel.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #2043
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey is $1.99 on Amazon.com (monthly deal).

This is the first book in the hellish urban fantasy/horror series. Goodreads.
Sandman Slim shows as no longer available for purchase. Anyone else see this?

Not really sure it's my kind of book anyway, but still, it's odd.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #2044
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
Yes, I see it too. It says quality issues reported. The publisher has been notified to correct it.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #2045
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I also see The Complete Works of C.S. Lewis for $1.99 on Kobo. Not sure if that's a sale or not, but that's a lot of epub book splitting to do...LOL

https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/the...s-of-c-s-lewis
I may have to take a trip for that. Not available in the US.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #2046
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Yes, I see it too. It says quality issues reported. The publisher has been notified to correct it.
To be corrected right after the price goes back up

(Edit: It's back up. My joke's already out of date.)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #2047
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Bought Sandman Slim and took a chance on another book that's not my usual style:

David Mack's The Midnight Front is $2.99 at Amazon. Nazis and wizards!

Quote:
On the eve of World War Two, Nazi sorcerers come gunning for Cade but kill his family instead. His one path of vengeance is to become an apprentice of The Midnight Front—the Allies’ top-secret magickal warfare program—and become a sorcerer himself.

Unsure who will kill him first—his allies, his enemies, or the demons he has to use to wield magick—Cade fights his way through occupied Europe and enemy lines. But he learns too late the true price of revenge will be more terrible than just the loss of his soul—and there’s no task harder than doing good with a power born of ultimate evil.
On the plus side, I enjoy stories of the Nazis interest in the occult. On the downside, the author spells 'magic' with a k, which is always too precious to me.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #2048
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There was an edition of Sandman Slim with bonus content some time back. If you purchased that one, this edition won't warn that you already own the book.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #2049
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Bought Sandman Slim and took a chance on another book that's not my usual style:

David Mack's The Midnight Front is $2.99 at Amazon. Nazis and wizards!

On the plus side, I enjoy stories of the Nazis interest in the occult. On the downside, the author spells 'magic' with a k, which is always too precious to me.
I bought Sandman Slim also thinking it sounded interesting even though it is not my usual read. I loved it and bought the others and am finishing up the last one now.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #2050
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
re Sandman Slim: Ok, that's interesting. I got the copy earlier, cuz I'd heard about it. But recent comments made me lose interest in it. Now you've got me willing to try it again! I do read Lincoln Rhyme stories, which are pretty gruesome. I guess I'd better give this a try.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #2051
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I did not really find it gruesome. He does not go into to minute details when describing violence and mayhem. I do love the humor in his books.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #2052
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I did not really find it gruesome. He does not go into to minute details when describing violence and mayhem. I do love the humor in his books.
Apache
I don't mind gruesome. Horror is my favorite genre. I'm just not a fan of urban fantasy where everybody is a hipster magic user. I'm also not fond of series. But hey, I'll try Sandman Slim.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:14 AM   #2053
brudigia
Addict
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro, Kindle Oasis 2017, Kobo Aura One, iPhone X
Lev Grossman - The magicians, offer

For those who are following the SyFy series, the first volume is on offer both on Amazon and Kobo, down to $1.99. Also the rest of the series was on offer not so long ago, so I have completed it, cheaply. If you haven't, then I believe it is only a matter of time before they come down again.

https://www.amazon.com/Magicians-Nov...icians+trilogy

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-magicians-2

Enjoy!
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM   #2054
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Consider Phlebas by Iain M Banks is on sale at Amazon US for $2.99. This is the first of the Culture series, and highly recommended.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #2055
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Two cheap john Brunner books:

Shockwave Rider is $1.99 - In a world drowning in data, a fugitive tries to outrun the forces that want to reprogram him, in this smart, edgy novel by a Hugo Award–winning author.

Published in the 1975 it was well ahead of what would later be called cyberpunk.

The Sheep Look Up is $2.99 - In a near future, the air pollution is so bad that everyone wears gas masks. The infant mortality rate is soaring, and birth defects, new diseases, and physical ailments of all kinds abound. The water is undrinkable—unless you’re poor and have no choice. Large corporations fighting over profits from gas masks, drinking water, and clean food tower over an ineffectual, corrupt government.

Environmentalist Austin Train is on the run. The “trainites,” a group of violent environmental activists, want him to lead their movement; the government wants him dead; and the media demands amusement. But Train just wants to survive.

More than a novel of science fiction, The Sheep Look Up is a skillful and frightening political and social commentary that takes its place next to other remarkable works of dystopian literature, such as Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale, Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, and George Orwell’s 1984.