Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #181
carmenchu
Zealot
carmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to all

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Thousands of thanks!
Proceeding to download and try--I am grateful for the sheer notion of this plugin.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #182
carmenchu
Zealot
carmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to allcarmenchu is a name known to all

A couple snags

Installed and tested, with a couple of snags:
1. First run produced the following error message:

Code:
Incorrect XHTML: OEBPS/Text/Chap_09.htm Line/Col 17,30 @16:30: Tokenizer error with an unimplemented error message.
Incorrect XHTML: OEBPS/Text/Chap_21.htm Line/Col 19,30 @18:30: Tokenizer error with an unimplemented error message.
As both those lines contained images with src="../Images/bar20days1-ill1.jpg and src="../Images/drive-c.jpg", at first I thought the problem were the hyphens--deleted or corrected to '_', but as the imaages bar-20-daysIll.jpeg and bar20days0-ill0b.jpg had given no trouble, looking further I found common to the troublesome lines
Quote:
alt=""
--also corrected, and personally strongly suspected as the villain (Soup of the evening...)

2. The text contains
Quote:
s-p-a-t!
, and, not knowing better, I added to my KeepHyphen.txt just
Quote:
s-p-a-t!
: reslt, a report of
Quote:
Hyphen removed at
(restored by hand).

Thus, two questions:
1. How to enter in KeepHyphen.txt multi-expressions like s-p-a-t? Like this
s-p
p-a
a-t
or is there some shortcut?
2. What about plurals? To be on the safe side, I entered both
cow-puncher
cow-punchers
but I have a hazy notion that it may be redundant--i.e., that a search for the first may sometimes include the second...?
Thanks!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #183
CalibUser
Zealot
CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Sony
@carmenchu: Thank you for alerting me to the error in my plugin.

I have made a correction and placed the updated plugin in the first post in this thread.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #184
carmenchu
Zealot

More about hyphens

Thanks! No more issues with alt=""...
Now, I have another suggestion about hypens: in some books one finds several instances of words spelled out (maybe for added emphasis) like "r-a-t-s", or stuttered, like "p-p-please".
The Plugin will check "r-a-t-s"
Code:
HyphenRemoved=m.group(1)+m.group(2)
find "at" in Hunspell english dictionary, and return r-at-s, unless "a-t" in KeepHyphens.txt.
Now, I never found an instance of a publication with a hyphen either after or before a single letter, like w-ord or wor-d--where it grammatically sound, which I doubt, there seems to be some styling rule against it.
Thus, my suggestion: is it possble to check those m.group() for number of characters, and keep the hyphen if either is a single char?
I don't know python, is it difficult to do?
However, it makes sense to me--and, by the way, it would take care of the "I-I" special case...
Thanks again!
Old 11-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #185
CalibUser
Zealot
CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.CalibUser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

@carmenchu: Following your suggestion, the plugin will not remove hyphens between words where one of the words is a single character.

The updated plugin in the first post in this thread.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #186
carmenchu
Zealot

Thanks again!

I only hope I'm not being a bore...
Old 11-11-2018, 06:14 AM   #187
carmenchu
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
The attached image is the icon I have made for showing this plugin in Sigil's toolbar.
It's not a work of art, but anything more sophisticated didn't show well in the little button--this at least can be identified at a glance among my other installed plugins.
For what it's worth...
Attached Images

Last edited by carmenchu; 11-11-2018 at 06:15 AM. Reason: correct word
Old 11-11-2018, 06:17 AM   #188
CalibUser
Zealot

Quote:
Not at all.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #189
CalibUser
Zealot

Quote:
The attached image is the icon I have made for showing this plugin in Sigil's toolbar.
Thanks.