Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #46
pcinfoman
Enthusiast
pcinfoman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-500
I just downloaded libprs500 (Windows version) from the Microsoft site and installed it. I run the program and nothing happens. It shows up in memory but I see nothing on my screen. No GUI, no messages, no errors, NOTHING.

Ideas?
pcinfoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcinfoman View Post
I just downloaded libprs500 (Windows version) from the Microsoft site and installed it. I run the program and nothing happens. It shows up in memory but I see nothing on my screen. No GUI, no messages, no errors, NOTHING.

Ideas?
You downloaded this from Microsoft?

The software for doing book conversions are all command line based. You'll need to open a command line to use them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #48
pcinfoman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You downloaded this from Microsoft?

The software for doing book conversions are all command line based. You'll need to open a command line to use them.
My mistake. I downloaded it from https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/ (the link provided in the first post of this thread). There is nothing on that page that I saw for a command line requirement. There was a command line version and a Windows version. I chose the latter. There are even features listed and screen shots.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #49
pcinfoman
Enthusiast

I am mistaken, I did not download it from Microsoft, I download the windows version from the link that was provided in the first post of this thread.

There was a command line link as well as a GUI windows version. They even had screen shots and a feature list. That is what I am having problems with. It does not work.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcinfoman View Post
I am mistaken, I did not download it from Microsoft, I download the windows version from the link that was provided in the first post of this thread.

There was a command line link as well as a GUI windows version. They even had screen shots and a feature list. That is what I am having problems with. It does not work.
The GUI is not for content conversion at the moment.

You need to use the command line.

Read back on all the threads dealing with the conversion utilities. They are all stickies. All the info is in them someplace.
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #51
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Going to add this to the bug tracker, but converted a multi-file LIT (that decompiles into several html files) to LRF that had a cover. Now, the LRF shows the cover between every chapter, or between every html file that made up the original LIT. So instead of this:
Cover
html 1
html 2
html ...
html n

it does this:

Cover
html 1
Cover
html 2
Cover
html ...
Cover
html n

Just thought I'd mention it here in case there was something I was missing. I'll add it to the bug tracker if you want me to. It could be that this is an issue with html2lrf instead of lit2lrf...
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #52
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah its a regression already fixed in svn.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #53
Excalibur

Cool, looking forward to the new version (Perhaps I should check your bug tracker or search before posting... man, still making newb mistakes like that
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #54
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not a problem. You're probably going to have to wait a while as I'm in the middle of a major refactor and svn is a mess.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Going to add this to the bug tracker, but converted a multi-file LIT (that decompiles into several html files) to LRF that had a cover. Now, the LRF shows the cover between every chapter, or between every html file that made up the original LIT. So instead of this:
Cover
html 1
html 2
html ...
html n

it does this:

Cover
html 1
Cover
html 2
Cover
html ...
Cover
html n

Just thought I'd mention it here in case there was something I was missing. I'll add it to the bug tracker if you want me to. It could be that this is an issue with html2lrf instead of lit2lrf...
In the meanwhile you could try loading this LIT into Book Designer and formating it from there. That is until the next version of libprs500 is released.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #56
Excalibur

Yeah, but that's yet *another* piece of software to install. I'll just wait till the next version of libprs500
Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Yeah, but that's yet *another* piece of software to install. I'll just wait till the next version of libprs500
Of you could convert the LIT to HTML and then edit out the cover images from the successive HTML files. Then use html2lrf to convert it.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that wont work the bug is in html2lrf
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that wont work the bug is in html2lrf
Oh well. That idea's no good then. Just have to get you to release the fixed version then.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #60
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
First of all - great utility! Thanks so much! It made it really easy to convert my Baen .lit files so I can read them on my Sony Reader.

Two questions: when I add a header to the file, I don't seem to be able to change the top margin at all. Ideally I'd like more space between the header and the start of the body text. Am I missing something in the command-line parameters or is this not possible in the current version? Second, out of almost 200 .lit files from Baen, only one of them refuses to convert. I can live without it, but would it be helpful for you to have a copy of that file?

Again - thanks so much for making this utility. It really has allow me to get up to speed very quickly with my new Reader.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500