Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
Gmes
Gmes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil for children's picture book

Hello,
When I do my ebook with the Sigil, I can't make my pictures to look horizontal.
To clearly understand what I need, please take a look a picture in the attachment.
I know how to make it on my Kindle device, just change orientation but I want to make it in my ebook to be always horizontal.
Will appreciate for the advice.

Best

Gmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Users control orientation of the device. Never the Author.

Auto-rotation on some devices is a WAR unless the user disables, so simply rotating the image is a problem there.

Sigil relies on 3rd party (external ) apps to manipulate image rotation.
Calibre's Editor chose ti include the most basic of image tools: Rotate and resize.

Another reason I use BOTH. Each has features I prefer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Gmes This is not a Sigil issue.

Download the latest Kindle Publishing Guidelines and read chapter 12 (Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups). You'll most likely have to use:

Code:
<meta name="orientation-lock" content="landscape"/>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
Gmes
Gmes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you guys, very much
Gmes is offline   Reply With Quote