Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
JasmineHatchaway
JasmineHatchaway began at the beginning.

Device: none
Waterproof Kindle cover - advice needed!

Hello all

I'm going on holiday soon and I want to get a waterproof case so I can read my Kindle at the pool and on the beach. I've seen the Proporta BeachBuoy Waterproof Case [Link deleted - MODERATOR] and wondered if anyone has used one or knows anyone who has and is it any good?

Jas

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.
JasmineHatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I just use a clear ziplock plastic bag. Keeps out water and sand and you can read right through it.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do not post questions on the Kindle in the General Discussion Forum.

The General Discussion Forum is for "General discussions about e-book reading not specific to a device, software or format."

Your post has been moved to the Kindle forum.

And your link has been deleted.

Please take the time now to review our site and post responsibly.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-05-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:16 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Anyone using a waterproof case instead of a ziploc here ? My son will be going on a trip with the school and will be taking his PW (some books of the syllabus need to be taken along, he has them on his PW). I have seen some waterproof cases (aceguarder or incipio atlas) and I would like to know if anyone has had some experience with those.

I thought of a ziploc first but considering the trip and the activities, a box case would be much, much better.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I read a report from Consumers Report where they tested three products that were specifically marketed as water proof electronics bags against a plastic ziplock bag. The ziplock could withstand five hours under water without allowing hte electronics inside to get wet, the waterproof bags, the same. Nothing survived twenty-four hours of being underwater. The conculsion from Consumers Report "use a plastic bag, it costs less and does just as well as the water proof electronics covers."
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Anyone using a waterproof case instead of a ziploc here ? My son will be going on a trip with the school and will be taking his PW (some books of the syllabus need to be taken along, he has them on his PW). I have seen some waterproof cases (aceguarder or incipio atlas) and I would like to know if anyone has had some experience with those.

I thought of a ziploc first but considering the trip and the activities, a box case would be much, much better.
Does your son have a need to actually use his PW in areas where it's going to be wet?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:25 AM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does your son have a need to actually use his PW in areas where it's going to be wet?
They will be on a boat, in a rainy area. So instead of his normal PW cover I thought a box, Otterbox style, would be better, in terms of water protection but also schock protection.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
ElWorm
Zealot
ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.ElWorm is that somebody.

Device: Kobo H2O, Paperwhite 3, Oasis 2, Pocketbook HD, Glowlight Plus
I hope you find a nice case, but a while ago I, too, was searching for a waterproof case. All I could find were incredibly expensive cases with lackluster reviews, cases that were only "splash proof", or cases that looked like a heavy clear vinyl pouch. I finally ended up using a quart size zip-loc baggie.
ElWorm is offline   Reply With Quote