Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Cool Kindle for Web

K4Web (Google Chrome) lets you sample an E-Book right in your browser! I think that it's more convenient than having to wait for it to sync to your computer/Kindle.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Bummmp
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
/deleted by author

Last edited by jeromedevine; 03-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

How is it trash?

Last edited by kranu; 03-08-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
What a pile of trash this thread is. And bumping too! Even though it is agains the rules.

:r
you must be the trash collector. you just said the exact thing about kranus other thread.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
There were similar comments in many threads last evening. It was a bit off-putting.

I do believe that someone was a bit cranky when they posted remarks last evening and has since reconsidered.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I do believe that someone was a bit cranky when they posted remarks last evening and has since reconsidered.
Agreed.

I've always thought there should be a time limit on the post-editing feature. It stops people from being able to go back in time and alter conversations (or make them rather confusing). It would also make people think twice about posting knee-jerk reactions if they knew that they may not be able to "take it all back" whenever they wanted to.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
DiapDealer:

While I might tend to agree with you - this time I think we are all better off that the comments are gone. (also, sometimes it does allow people to correct or supplement their initial HELFUL posts)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Agreed.

I've always thought there should be a time limit on the post-editing feature. It stops people from being able to go back in time and alter conversations (or make them rather confusing). It would also make people think twice about posting knee-jerk reactions if they knew that they may not be able to "take it all back" whenever they wanted to.
There are times when the edit feature is extremely useful, however. It doesn't only facilitate with fixing misinformation; it can be used to provide updates. For example, if there was a time window for editing posts, the font/screensavers hack would not be so easy to find, since each update, there would be a different post.

I think that the solution would be to add revision history. That way, people can see what the other person changed (similar to StackOverflow). Unfortunately, this is quite demanding in terms of storage.

Tags
amazon, chrome, kindle, preview