Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #31
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Exclamation No two DRMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaderigt View Post
Does it support both DRM'd Mobi and DRM'd ePub
Of course not - that has been described before. Short recap: To use DRM you need the official SDK (Software Development Kit). Both Adobe and Mobipocket do not allow to install there DRM/SDK with any other DRM/SDK on the same device.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #32
Periodical
Periodical began at the beginning.

Device: a purple Cool-er
I have now managed to crash the PC with my Cool-er.
Don't try to switch the PC on with the Cool-er attached via the USB cable, else the PC never boots up!

The selection of 100 free books from the Elonex reader site is quite different from the Sony's 100 free books. There are a lot of Dickens, Shakespeare, Conan-Doyle etc, but some other different authors - in fact more to my taste, so I'm pleased to have found them to add to my Cool-er. They are all in html or txt format, though.
Periodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #33
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
At least a DVD-steel box would work as well as a cover. Some foam in the interior and it should be kept safe.
This works well for the Sony 505 too.
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #34
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Both Adobe and Mobipocket do not allow to install there DRM/SDK with any other DRM/SDK on the same device.
I think this is true for Mobipocket but not for Adobe. For example, Sony PRS series support both ADE and LRX (Sony's own DRM scheme).
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #35
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periodical View Post
I have now managed to crash the PC with my Cool-er.
Don't try to switch the PC on with the Cool-er attached via the USB cable, else the PC never boots up!

Heh, that also used to happen with my Cybook. The first couple of times I completely freaked out.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #36
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Both Adobe and Mobipocket do not allow to install there DRM/SDK with any other DRM/SDK on the same device.
Only Mobipocket has this restriction. As soilwork pointed out, Sony has multiple DRM schemes. Also, Astek will be including both Adobe ADE (ePub/PDF) and eReader support on all their EInk readers for the US market. So of the big three DRM providers (MobiPocket, Adobe, eReader) only MobiPocket requires DRM exclusivity.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #37
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Wow, 3pages of response already!
Looks great!
Any mention of display of pictures, jpegs, gif, or bmp's?

MP3 and other audio playback?

Does the webpage have some sort of manual?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #38
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Wow, 3pages of response already!
Looks great!
Any mention of display of pictures, jpegs, gif, or bmp's?

MP3 and other audio playback?

Pics: 4 grayscales dithered!!
MP3: Good sound.
No manual so far.

mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #39
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
No, but see post #11 for a link to the Elonex manual. The only indication I see in the Elonex manual of image support is on page 8, where a JPEG is listed in the library view.

How do images become an ebook (.zip, .cbr, .cbz, folder, or what)?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #40
ytrushkov
ytrushkov began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Question Cover case for COOL-ER

Is this cover case is suitable for Cool-er?
Size is pretty match the same:
Cool-er: 183 x 117.74 x 10.89 mm
Havlin v3: 184 x 120.5 x 9.9 mm
ytrushkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #41
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
If the EZReader cover fits, maybe Astak will sell you one.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #42
mr.ninja13
mr.ninja13 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi all,

I got my cool-er last week. I also have a cybook, and the case it came with fits the cool-er almost perfectly, although it's not too aestethically pleasing.

However, I seem to have troubles registering the device with Adobe Digital Editions: when I start ADE it recognizes the cool-er and asks me if I want to authorise it, but I always have an error message and the authorisation doesn't go through.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Paolo
mr.ninja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #43
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
The navigation is the primary concern to me. I was considering buying one for my daughter, but if the complex navigation is a pain for an adult it will be annoying as hell to her (she's 10).
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ninja13 View Post
Hi all,

I got my cool-er last week. I also have a cybook, and the case it came with fits the cool-er almost perfectly, although it's not too aestethically pleasing.

However, I seem to have troubles registering the device with Adobe Digital Editions: when I start ADE it recognizes the cool-er and asks me if I want to authorise it, but I always have an error message and the authorisation doesn't go through.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Paolo
I had no problem with activating my Cool-ER
Old 07-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #45
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
The navigation is the primary concern to me. I was considering buying one for my daughter, but if the complex navigation is a pain for an adult it will be annoying as hell to her (she's 10).
Yep, the navigation is not that selfexplanatory. It's not a pain, though, just not the most ergonomical!