Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 04:03 AM   #1
johnb0647
Nameless Being

Request: RE calibre-server

Any chance of switches on calibre-server to kill it and/or restart it:

ex: > calibre-server --kill_server

> calibre-server --start_server

I have one desktop pc that's the primary workstation for family media.

It is also the caliber-server machine where my wife, kids and I download ebooks to our phones/tablets which is like a daily thing.

When I want to add new books to calibre, I have no problem opening a terminal, finding the process id and killing it but my wife and oldest daughter freak if they have to do this.

I mean.... they both speak four languages, you'd think they could follow a recipe but.... people are what they are I guess!

TIA
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Wouldn't it be easier for your family to just run the calibre GUI on your desktop PC with its embedded server? In any case if you want to kill the server just use

pkill calibre-server
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-server, request