Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
rjh4242
Enthusiast
rjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Marvin 3 on iPad/iPhone
[iOS] See series information in list view sorted by date?

Hi there
I've just found CC, and am checking it out on my iPad. It seems to be a great way to connect to calibre and keep all the metadata up to date.

However, there's one thing that I haven't figured out how to do that may be make or break for me. How do I show the series information for the book in list view when sorted by date?

I often get several books in a series at the same time. I'd like to be able to see the series information when list view is ordered by date, because then I can look at the last few books I have bought and immediately see which one comes first in a series.

I can't find anything anywhere that lets me show the series information in the list view if it's sorted by date. I know I can sort by title or series to get the series information shown, and/or use the grouping feature to show the books in the series, but that is a pain, and harder than just clicking on each book to see which comes first. There's clearly enough room for the series information in list view, as it is shown if the list is sorted by title or series. Is there a setting I can choose to ensure series information is always shown in list view?

If I can't do this, then I may have to go back to Marvin for organising books on my iPad, because I use the metadata plugboard in calibre to put the series and number in the title field in Marvin so I can easily see the series order. What am I missing in CC?

Thanks
Rosie

Last edited by rjh4242; 10-13-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: clarifying
rjh4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Hello, unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do what you want. There are a few different ways of showing the series in the main list view, but you've mentioned them all already. Sorry!
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert