Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #31
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The progress bar no longer shows up in 3.13 firmware because pickel is picky now. So instead it will just seem to hang a while on the "connected and charged" screen after unplugging. Apart from that, the mod should still work fine.

I've already fixed the pickel issue for my screensaver mod. If that turns out well, I will apply the same fix here.

Edit: Progress bar fix is in beta4. It no longer uses the on-animator.sh in case other mods modify that one...

Last edited by frostschutz; 02-26-2015 at 09:31 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #32
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo H2O
Thanks frostschutz.

Folder-view is really something every reader should have as a standard feature.
Well, now I can finally browse my well sorted book-collection on my reader.
dash. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #33
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
These shelves are updated whenever the reader leaves the "connected and charged" screen after unplugging the USB cable, and only if there was a change in your list of books since the previous update.
I added more books, but it looks like the list doesn't update anymore.
bummer...

Anyother question, how do i uninstall that patch?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #34
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash. View Post
I added more books, but it looks like the list doesn't update anymore.
Not even after an additional plug-connect-unplug cycle? Does it still show the progress bar when you unplug?

It does not create shelves the first time around because it uses the database, but the Kobo updates its database only afterwards... so. Kind of a hen and egg problem. I tried to walk the filesystem instead, but doing so has other downsides.

Quote:
how do i uninstall that patch?
There is no uninstall routine yet... I'll add one soon.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #35
dash.

-Not even after an additional plug-connect-unplug cycle?
nope

-Does it still show the progress bar when you unplug?
Yes. Just like the first time when it worked. But now on, the list is not updated. Perhaps because I added books to existing folders?
Advert
Old 03-27-2015, 02:21 AM   #36
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
Greetings

I hope your still following this very interesting project !
Please,
Does Autoshelf clean the old shelves before building the new ones ??

Thanx for your answer
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:23 AM   #37
frostschutz
Linux User

Only the ones it created itself, which it assumes to be the ones that end with /

That being said I don't know if the Kobo handles books being in several shelves at once.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #38
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
hi
1-does this autoshelf project work on fw 3.15 H2O ?
2-and I want to know if it is reversible ?
3-and does it contain books on sd memory ?

edit:
I test it and
1- it works on h2o 3.15
3- yes works with sd

only question #2

Last edited by barobach_so; 06-10-2015 at 02:41 AM.
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #39
frostschutz
Linux User

Updated it, the new version can be uninstalled by creating an empty .autoshelf-uninstall dir.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #40
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi frostschutz

I only want 10%-20% of my folders to by auto-shelf.
is it possible to change the code that only specific folders will auto-shelf, like for example add # to the folders you auto-shelf (#Lee Child).

thank
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #41
frostschutz
Linux User

Hmmm. Adding a character in the folder name would not work for the root / folder.

Maybe there could be an autoshelf/ folder (without starting .) and if that folder exists, only autoshelf the structure within there.

I'll have to think about it.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #42
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
The new version work on all version or only in newest?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #43
frostschutz
Linux User

Should work on all...
Old 06-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #44
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Updated it, the new version can be uninstalled by creating an empty .autoshelf-uninstall dir.
thank you
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #45
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Hmmm. Adding a character in the folder name would not work for the root / folder.

Maybe there could be an autoshelf/ folder (without starting .) and if that folder exists, only autoshelf the structure within there.

I'll have to think about it.
Any lack on autoshelf/ folder?
Is there a way to add books to self with a PC with out using caliber?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote