Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #16
QQuokka
QQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blueQQuokka can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: KOBO AURA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Wuala is quitting, so I guess I'll give OneDrive a go. I use exactly 0 bytes out of however much they insist on giving me with their Office 365 for companies. I'll PM you when the upload finishes.

NB I haven't tested the image.
HI!

My H2O bricked too, so I need an image. Could you show me the site you have uploaded? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #17
gah
gah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo aura h2o, kindle paperwhite
Help TOO! I NEED KOBO H2O factory sd image

Hello, I need factory sd image too.
Today I install a cfw, and my h2o can't boot. I tried to do factory reset with the methods in this corner, but it's not work unfortunately...
Please share the factory sd image, thank you!!

Last edited by gah; 06-21-2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: remove icon
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just wondering what a cfw is?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #19
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did you press *and hold* the power button when trying to reset by two finger tapping both bottom screen corners?

I'll PM you the link.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:43 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just wondering what a cfw is?
cfw = custom firmware
Advert
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #21
gah
gah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy bluegah can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo aura h2o, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Did you press *and hold* the power button when trying to reset by two finger tapping both bottom screen corners?

I'll PM you the link.
Thank you frostschutz,
Yes, I've tried again and again for half a hour, and nothing happened.
The screen blinks on(white) and off(black) to on(white), that's all, no square was appeared.
I've already opened my h2o and waiting the factory sd image!

Now, I can DL the xz file from the link, I'll try to reboot my h2o.
Thank you so much!

Last edited by gah; 06-22-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #22
multicolor
multicolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post

I'll PM you the link.
I've also got problems with my H2O. Not exactly bricked it per se, but screwed something up by trying out too many exciting hacks from this forum on top of each other ^^

Could you please send me the link to the factory SD image as well?

Cheers,
M
Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #23
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I send you the link but you really should use the reset instead... unless a KoboRoot.tgz deliberately messes with the boot loader or recovery partition, it should always work and does not require you to open the device...
Old 06-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
multicolor
multicolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy bluemulticolor can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks a lot frostschutz! (:

You saved the water-proofing of my H2O. I thought I'd tried all possible resets and ways of erasing the hacks, but now also tried that one, and it seemed to work! Took a few tries to get the right timing with the tapping.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #25
lehachuev
lehachuev began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura
my internal sd almost dead, get errors everyday. i need a sd image. help please. kobo aura - not HD, not H20.
sorry for my poor english
Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, we can't help you. The Aura does not have a removable internal SD card. It has fixed memory. I have not heard of anyone being able to reimage that memory.

What sort of errors are you seeing?
Old 07-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #27
Smart_Ice
Smart_Ice began at the beginning.

Need help! I've bricked my Kobo Aura H2O

Hi,

I've bricked my Kobo Aura H2O.
Can you share the factory image of internal SD.

I guess is the only chance to restore my device.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #28
frostschutz
Linux User

Sent you a message. But before you open the device you should try the two finger tap method first (turn off the device, then press and hold power button and tap both bottom screen corners)
Old 08-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #29
danbooru
danbooru began at the beginning.

May I also have a link to a working image? device is bricked from a dodgy update.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #30
frostschutz
Linux User

PM sent (but again, try the two finger tap method first)
Closed Thread

Tags
sd image