Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2022, 09:33 PM   #2581
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'll take a look at annotations and utilities

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 11:36 PM   #2582
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thanks.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2022, 12:08 AM   #2583
DJSamhein
DJSamhein began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Time spent reading

Hi,

I've checked this thread and reddit and I've seen that you're aware of the time spent reading stat but haven't gotten around to implementing it. I just wanted to find out if you have any near future plans on doing so or if it's something for some far off future?

I'm currently only using 2 columns (last read and %) but the only one that would really interest me is the time spent reading (and maybe total pages as reported by the kepub). And yes, I'm aware that the time reported isn't 100% accurate but it would still be the one thing I'd be most interested in knowing, especially for finished books.
I only have one reader, so the stat should be reasonably accurate for my intents.

Anyway, I just wanted to know what the progress (if any) is on that stat and let you know someone else would appreciate it

Thanks and kudos for the great plugin
DJSamhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #2584
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately, davidfor passed away a few months ago. Unless someone else knows enough about the Kobo db to be able to implement it, I don't think it's likely.
Old 10-29-2022, 02:41 PM   #2585
DJSamhein
DJSamhein began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Oh, that's sad. Such a shame. At least he left a legacy. The plugin is good as it is right now, even if noone picks it up.
DJSamhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2022, 12:40 PM   #2586
psychogator
psychogator began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Looking for help setting up bookmark storage automatically. I have the plugin set to "store current bookmarks on connect" but nothing seems to happen. The only way I've gotten it to do anything is to select the books on my device and store them manually and then it will store my reading position. But after reading for a while and reconnecting my device the stats don't update unless I do it manually.
psychogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #2587
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
You may need to associate your device, under kobo utilities -> customize -> (tab) Devices -> (button) add connected device

And then make sure on the profiles tab, either Any Device or the device you just selected is there, and check the bookmark checkbox...

And then you have to remember to redo this if you factory reset the device.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:19 AM   #2588
vorte
vorte began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Does KoboUtilities convert the Kobo reading progress string (e.g. "OEBPS/Text/part0004.html#point(/1/4/2/2/1:0)") into epubcfi?

If not, is there another tool / script that does this? It doesn't have to be a Calibre plugin.
vorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:44 PM   #2589
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorte View Post
Does KoboUtilities convert the Kobo reading progress string (e.g. "OEBPS/Text/part0004.html#point(/1/4/2/2/1:0)") into epubcfi?
No, as far as I know.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:32 PM   #2590
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This leads me to a side query: is there *anything* that actually implements CFI properly?

(Genuine question, as it was a fine mess last time I checked).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #2591
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not that I've seen. CFIs are still a mess.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:38 AM   #2592
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I modified Kobo Utilities to add the two new Rakuten fonts to the 'set font' dialog.

While it works as expected for me, please consider this a test version until other users confirm it works and/or look over the changes (lines 67-129 of dialogs.py, plus a bump of version in line 27 of __init__.py).

Version 2.16.7 - 19 December 2022
  • Change: Add new fonts 'Rakuten Sans' and 'Rakuten Serif' to font settings dialog. (change made by ownedbycats.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kobo Utilities.zip (328.9 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-22-2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: wrong file!
Old 12-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #2593
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I modified Kobo Utilities to add the two new Rakuten fonts to the 'set font' dialog.

While it works as expected for me, please consider this a test version until other users confirm it works and/or look over the changes (lines 67-129 of dialogs.py, plus a bump of version in line 27 of __init__.py).

Version 2.16.7 - 19 December 2022
  • Change: Add new fonts 'Rakuten Sans' and 'Rakuten Serif' to font settings dialog. (change made by ownedbycats.)
Have you installed the 4.35 firmware? If so, do you know if the Rakuten fonts have been fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:51 PM   #2594
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I don't know, sorry. I'm on 4.35, but only just noticed the new fonts a few days ago.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-19-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #2595
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I don't know, sorry. I'm on 4.35, but only just noticed the new fonts a few days ago.
If they are not fixed, then having them in Kobo Utilities is not going to be a good thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities