Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2022, 08:43 AM   #31
giacoboh
giacoboh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Libra H2O
Is there a wiki/FAQ of how to use/configure kobopatch?
Are there screenshots, I'm not even sure I understood what kobopatch is...
giacoboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:37 PM   #32
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by giacoboh View Post
Patches are various options to customize your device and reading experience beyond what is there out of the box. Like more fine-tuned font sizes, margins and line height, home page customization, sleep timer customization and so on.

Just follow the instructions in the first post. Enabling patches means you open the files in the .src folder with Notepad (for example), read the descriptions, choose the ones you want and change no to yes. The descriptions of the individual patches are all in there.

You can always disable the patches again, if you don't like them.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:44 PM   #33
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giacoboh View Post
Kobopatch is an incredible tool developed by talented and brilliant people here on MR that enables customizing your Kobo to your personal preferences. I recommend you download the kobopatch file that corresponds to the firmware version on your Kobo (link to all versions provided in step 1 of link below). Extract the contents and view the various .yaml files in an app such as Notepad++ that functions as an editor. Read through the various patches and decide which may be of interest to you. Follow the many readme files for detailed instructions. It's very easy to do.

See Usage, steps 1-6:
Kobopatch
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:16 AM   #34
hatranle
hatranle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader prs350
Hi all. I applied the patch successfully to Libra 2. I patched : Both page turn buttons go next: yes, Both page turn sides go next: yes. But Libra 2 still did not work with 2 button to go next and both page turn sides. Thank you for your help
hatranle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:26 AM   #35
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatranle View Post
Hi all. I applied the patch successfully to Libra 2. I patched : Both page turn buttons go next: yes, Both page turn sides go next: yes. But Libra 2 still did not work with 2 button to go next and both page turn sides. Thank you for your help
Can you chrck the log inside out folder to see if the patch was really enabled?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:15 AM   #36
hatranle
hatranle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader prs350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Can you chrck the log inside out folder to see if the patch was really enabled?
I check log and I suppose this is enabled as bellow
Patch("Both page turn buttons go next") enabled=true
hatranle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching