Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
bigkid50
bigkid50 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Viewing books to be added

Really love calibre. Think I did something wrong. When I go to add books it goes to the file on my computer where they are stored but they shown in reverse alphabet. I checked my computer file and they are fine. Can someone tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Bigkid50
bigkid50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkid50 View Post
Really love calibre. Think I did something wrong. When I go to add books it goes to the file on my computer where they are stored but they shown in reverse alphabet. I checked my computer file and they are fine. Can someone tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Bigkid50
I doubt you did anything ''wrong', but I'm not entirely sure I understand your issue, but this may help ==>> Search & sort

If you're referring to the library author and book folders then ==>> Why doesn’t calibre let me store books in my own directory structure?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #3
bigkid50
bigkid50 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkid50 View Post

Bigkid50
Trying to explain better. When you go to add books it displays the file in your computer that contains books you want to add to calibre. This display is reverse alphabet and I can't change it. Is there a option in viewing that will return it to normal. Once again thanks in advance.
bigkid50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
That's a Windows issue (if that's your system). Click on the bar above the file names to change the sorting.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
That's a Windows issue (if that's your system). Click on the bar above the file names to change the sorting.
ditto on MacOS and 'everyday' Linux

On Windows you can also right click in blank space and select Sort By->select column->ascend/descend.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert