Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Update: Found preferences with a simple right click.

I must be blind, how do I access the viewer preferences? Also my previous preferences loaded a local file for the background. So now I get the below error when I try to view a book. I would love to alter the background as required once I figure out where the viewer preferences are located.

calibre, version 3.99.1
ERROR: Unhandled error: There was an unhandled error: Not allowed to load local resource: file:///C:/bigback.jpg at line: 12612 of viewer.js

Portable version on Windows 10.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-09-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click or press the esc key to access the viewer controls, including preferences. And yes loading files directly from the filesystem is not going to work anymore. Instead you can convert it to a data URL. That should work. For example from here: https://ezgif.com/image-to-datauri
Advert
Old 09-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #33
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
In the Editor when running CheckBook I'm now getting errors reported on all jpg images. I've tried with several random epubs with the same problem.

I should add that these epubs are 100% clean in calibre 3.47.1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-09 134025.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	173346  
Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jackie_w Is this on windows?
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Did it for me too 3.99.1
Win 10 x64
Advert
Old 09-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the old viewer I had it set to quit when Escape was pressed,

In the new viewer when I hit Esc I got the viewer controls. To me Escape is get me out of here, not let me in there On Windows the menu key is right click - everywhere, so I don't need a special key for viewer controls.

So I removed the Esc for the Show Viewer Controls shortcut, and went looking for a shortcut for Quit - but I couldn't find it - if I could have I would have set it to Escape

For me it's not a die in a ditch issue, as I'm also accustomed to using Alt+space, C.

BR
Old 09-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
In the old viewer I had it set to quit when Escape was pressed,

In the new viewer when I hit Esc I got the viewer controls. To me Escape is get me out of here, not let me in there On Windows the menu key is right click - everywhere, so I don't need a special key for viewer controls.

So I removed the Esc for the Show Viewer Controls shortcut, and went looking for a shortcut for Quit - but I couldn't find it - if I could have I would have set it to Escape

For me it's not a die in a ditch issue, as I'm also accustomed to using Alt+space, C.

BR
Alt-F4 (works for a lot of Win apps) does it for me with no settings needed
Old 09-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #38
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure, but Alt and F4 are a hand span apart, whereas Alt, space and C are adjacent - I use Alt+space, N, M and X a lot too… note that they're all on the bottom row

BR
Old 09-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #39
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did it for me too 3.99.1
Win 10 x64
Yes. Windows 10 64bit using beta 3.99.1
Old 09-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #40
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
In the Editor when running CheckBook I'm now getting errors reported on all jpg images. I've tried with several random epubs with the same problem.

I should add that these epubs are 100% clean in calibre 3.47.1.
Quote:
This is also happening in Linux.

bernie
Old 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jackie_w thanks will be fixed in the next beta

@BR: I have added the context menu key as an additional shortcut for showing the vieer controls -- its not available on many keyboards so it cant be the only one. And esc here means escape from reading the book mode.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
This is also happening in Linux.

bernie
Yeah same issue: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...b6fd7075b6495a
Old 09-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #43
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
\o/ webengine betas at last.

I guess the disappointment here is that python3 didn't beat it to the gate. -> self

Would anyone be interested in an Arch Linux AUR package for calibre-beta?
Old 09-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #44
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Good work

- Tested on "Ubuntu 19.04" and 3.9 (v4) considerably more reactive than previous version 3.4. *
- After 2 hours of useI did not encounter any problem.

PS : The transition to "Qt WebEngine" was a very good move.

Thank you !!

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #45
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@BR: that error will be fixed in the next beta, as for the main window size change, that's sadly a side-effect of different Qt versions in mainline vs beta, not much I can do about it.
Yep fixed -

BTW : The window size thing forced me to investigate why Windows' wretched Snap feature wasn't behaving as it thought it should - i.e. not be there. Discovered that my extra buttons gadget has some Snap related settings that I needed to unset - all good now.

Quote:
@clinsky and @theducks: I will look into making the loading screen less obtrusive
Much better for me, especially when dark background.

BR
Closed Thread