Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
New Audible Promotion. May Be a Good One. Save $$$ per year; Get All Credits at Once.

May be the newest Audible promotion.

Switch from a monthly to an annual plan for $119.50 (saving you $60 in the first year). The current monthly price for the 1-credit plan is $14.95. Paid by the year, that's $179.50. The annual price, if you switch, is $119.50 for the first year. It's still a 1-credit per month plan, but you get all 12 credits at once.

The email message, that I got about the deal, directed me to this Audible webpage. However, I didn't see this particular promotion on the webpage! There is a "Gold Annual Special" shown that might be of interest to some people.

I'm sure that the problem with the website (or with me ) will get worked out.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-17-2019 at 08:28 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
May be the newest Audible promotion.

Switch from a monthly to an annual plan for $119.50 (saving you $60 in the first year). The current monthly price for the 1-credit plan is $14.95. Paid by the year, that's $179.50. The annual price, if you switch, is $119.50 for the first year. It's still a 1-credit per month plan, but you get all 12 credits at once.

The email message, that I got about the deal, directed me to this Audible webpage. However, I didn't see this particular promotion on the webpage! There is a "Gold Annual Special" shown that might be of interest to some people.

I'm sure that the problem with the website (or with me ) will get worked out.
Audible runs this type of promo quite often and frequently targets former members. The annual plan is $149.50 and Audible usually knocks $30 off for the promo and sometimes more.

So far this year, they've had three annual promos where they added more to the offer:
  • $50 off Annual Membership
  • $30 off Annual Membership + Echo Dot for $0.99
  • $30 off Annual Membership + free $20 Amz Gift Card
Black Friday's just around the corner and I'm pretty certain Audible will sweeten the pot once again.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
My annual plan ($99.50) expires this month. I really liked having all those credits on hand for sales... especially 2 for 1 sales. If they offered it again for $100 I would jump in a second but $150 is a bit high.

Last edited by tch65721; 08-18-2019 at 11:15 AM.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible runs this type of promo quite often and frequently targets former members. The annual plan is $149.50 and Audible usually knocks $30 off for the promo and sometimes more.

So far this year, they've had three annual promos where they added more to the offer:
  • $50 off Annual Membership
  • $30 off Annual Membership + Echo Dot for $0.99
  • $30 off Annual Membership + free $20 Amz Gift Card
Black Friday's just around the corner and I'm pretty certain Audible will sweeten the pot once again.
Good heads up. I don't keep up with things like that, so when I happen along a deal that I haven't seen posted yet (oops! You may have already made a post about it on the O.P.--if so, my apologies, sir!), I try to post it.

This is halfway related to the subject of the thread, since you mentioned Echo. Kim Komando (komando.com) has issued, over and over, some kind of warning, in her recent email posts, about Echo and Alexa. I don't know what the issue is, since I have neither an Echo nor an Alexa, so being irrelevant to me. Maybe there's something on the dedicated subforum which goes into depth about it.

So (notice how I get back closer to the subject of the thread, and your post), if Audible, Amazon, or whoever offers Echo or Alexa as a sweetener of the pot, and you're inclined to buy one or the other, you might want to check into the warning.

ADDENDUM: And Google Home and Siri, I just noticed, about at least one specific issue.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-18-2019 at 04:40 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Wow Audible US is expensive, you can get a 24 credit per year plan in the UK for £109.99 about $140 at current conversion rates.

Only saving grace I suppose is Audible US has way more books available than the UK store.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert