Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 02:40 AM   #76
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 7th Gen, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hmm... well, given that it *might* be called a Libra, can we hope for it to be released during that Zodiac sign's dates: September 23 – October 23?
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:30 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
Hmm... well, given that it *might* be called a Libra, can we hope for it to be released during that Zodiac sign's dates: September 23 – October 23?
Almost guaranteed. The announce is likely early next month with availability in early October.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #78
ps67
Groupie
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Almost guaranteed. The announce is likely early next month with availability in early October.
Can you tell us something more or is it all secret?

But it's funny that the thread started wondering if there was a new Kobo and there wasn't but now, after a few weeks, we have a news that there will be.

Last edited by ps67; 08-26-2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: But it's funny...
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #79
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Can you tell us something more or is it all secret?
I don't know anything that isn't in these threads. The comment on the announcement/release is based on Kobo past behaviour.
Quote:
But it's funny that the thread started wondering if there was a new Kobo and there wasn't but now, after a few weeks, we have a news that there will be.
Earlier in the thread I predicted no device this year. Partly because there hadn't been an FCC leak. Now, we have one, it looks like I was wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #80
Stevex
Groupie
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Might this be the rumoured combined ebook / audiobook device?
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #81
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo Aura One
Hopefully, it is just an improvement over the KA1 and the Forma.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:07 AM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Hopefully, it is just an improvement over the KA1 and the Forma.
I suspect it will not be a 7.8"/8" device -- IMNSHO, the Forma is too new to be replaced. I tend to the belief that it will have a 6.8" 300 ppi screen, possibly a Mobius plastic substrate and will replace the H2O edition 2 which was released in May, 2017. I will also predict that it will not have a USB4 interface so no 40Gbps and 100W charging.

OTOH, my track record for such predictions should not encourage anyone to bet more than jellybean money on my prediction.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #83
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David, thanks for your thoughts. Sounds reasonable. We'll see.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #84
Thargor
Connoisseur
Thargor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I REALLY want a Forma now so this wait is killing me but I have to just in case it's something amazing.

Wonder if the Forma will ever drop in price aswell? It's been a year...
Thargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #85
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
I REALLY want a Forma now so this wait is killing me but I have to just in case it's something amazing.
Hmm… I still really want an Aura One, and those are getting harder to find. Any chance an Aura One owner wants to conveniently "lose" their device, so they'll be able to justify a new purchase?
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #86
Gibbo
Fanatic
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2 - Nvidia Shield K1 - Galaxy S8+ - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
Hmm… I still really want an Aura One, and those are getting harder to find. Any chance an Aura One owner wants to conveniently "lose" their device, so they'll be able to justify a new purchase?
Same here I'm watching 2 aura one's up for sale.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #87
petercreasey
Wizard

I am very pleased with my Kobo Aura One. Is there really any reason to consider moving up to a Forma?
Old 08-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #88
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
I am very pleased with my Kobo Aura One. Is there really any reason to consider moving up to a Forma?
It’s got a bigger screen and buttons.

If those appeal to you then yes. Otherwise no.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #89
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
And weight. And ergonomics. And does the Aura one have a glass substrate?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:08 PM   #90
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
It's also a generation more recent, which means it comes with fun new goodies under the hood.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote