Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 02:26 AM   #1
mitra
Connoisseur
mitra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
KO reader to show title of book reading on every page and mobi books follow links.

Hello.

I am somehow not able to see the books title i am reading on every page. I would like to see it.

I am using the 27 feb nightly build.

Also i do not know, should i create a new thread or something, for one another concern.

In the mobi books, I have I am somehow not able to follow links from the Index for chapters.
In the epub books, follow links happen without even activating it from the menu options.

Because of this, I have to bookmark the TOC page and come back again to see how is the book structured. If, I could follow link, then it could save all the trouble. Plus as I, earlier pointed, there is no TOC detected in KO Reader for mobi files. Some conversion tip might as well do for .mobi files that i am missing here.

These both concerns, I would very much like it to be addressed, if at all they can be rectified and contributors find the space to do it.

Thanks.
mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I only have a couple of .mobi files on my AuraHD, and they are just for testing, so I don't have much experience in that area. That said, I do notice that you can turn the "Full" "Progress Bar", located under the gear icon, in the bottom reader menu. With the full progress bar, the title and page numbers and a thin progress bar (looks like a dividing line, unless you look close), at the top of each page.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, full progress bar should solve this problem. More info you can find here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270551

This thread explains something different (how to turn off thread titles among other things), but you can choose options to your liking.

Last edited by Alan_S; 03-05-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
djalma
djalma doesn't litterdjalma doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
In the mobi books, I have I am somehow not able to follow links from the Index for chapters.
In the epub books, follow links happen without even activating it from the menu options.
Yes, you are right. I'm searching the time or the right time in which I'm gonna fill 5-7 bug reports regarding to the koreader's behaviour with epub and mobi files. I can remember 2 "similar" errors to yours:
*In mobis when you just want to go to the next page, you finished ending in the page pointed by a random link. This happens because the "link touch area" seems that it's too large and it's near to impossible not to "click" into it.
*In the epub's TOC menu, sometimes the "first-level headers" seems to be locked and don't show the "second or the third level sections". Then the TOC becomes useless until it randomly unlocks itself... :/

Regards.
djalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
mitra
Connoisseur
mitra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
The progress bar trick works fine. Thank you for the quick fix.

About the second issue, is there a way out that could ease navigating .mobi books a bit easier on Kindle.

Appreciate your kind help.
mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by djalma View Post
*In mobis when you just want to go to the next page, you finished ending in the page pointed by a random link. This happens because the "link touch area" seems that it's too large and it's near to impossible not to "click" into it.
For this, I would try to swipe to next page.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote