Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Today, 08:28 AM   #28516
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I really enjoyed the Sharpe books, myself. I read them all in a fairly short period of time, bar the one which was published later. The "backfill" books were mostly a bit less interesting, but I kind of enjoy learning my history through the prism of fictitious action.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #28517
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Blood of the Fifth Knight by E. M. Powell. Historical fiction in the time of King Henry II
I checked the book out on Amazon and bought the first one, The Fifth Knight, with some of my Digital Credits. It sounds very interesting. Thank you,
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:33 AM   #28518
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I really enjoyed the Sharpe books, myself. I read them all in a fairly short period of time, bar the one which was published later. The "backfill" books were mostly a bit less interesting, but I kind of enjoy learning my history through the prism of fictitious action.
I came to the Sharpe books knowing little about the Penninsular Wars other than the fact of them and that Wellington won them; now I feel conversant with both the major battles and the grand sweep of the action. I also find fiction a good way to approach a historical topic; I can fill in later with a serious, nonfiction work, but it helps to have the framework for a starter. Cornwell gets the history right, too, a critical element. The books aren't perfect, but the characterizations and the dialogue are excellent.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote