Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-30-2019, 08:25 AM   #31
Emily Williamson
Emily Williamson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Attached is my calibre viewer colours. It's a dark cyan on black.

Your colours remind me of my vim colour scheme which is called "flatlandia".

I get mocked at work for it because the comments sections show as grey on darker grey but it's easy on my eyes so that's the important thing.

I like both. I also code in “light mode” but sometimes I prefer dark mode
Emily Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #32
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnworld093 View Post
Resembles my habit of reading contrasts. Black and white has an unmatched combination as compared to other colors. Sadly, i couldn't permanently transform my device browsing interface to black background. Any app you'd like to recommend (must not show ads). PS: android user.
I use FBReader. It syncs across different platforms, so my Ipad, Samsung S8, and Kindle Fire 8 Tab all sync ebooks. It's the only ereader other than Kindle that I've found that will sync across multiplatform like this without any extra work.

Note: This is in regards to sideloaded books. I know that Kobo will also sync books across platform, but not sideloaded books (which is very irritating, as I like Kobo a lot).

Last edited by kyrilson; 08-30-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added sideloaded comment
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I use fbreader as it's Android and iOS. Seems to do new features on Android first. There is a free and paid version
With FBReader, free is overpriced.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #34
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With FBReader, free is overpriced.
I've never had the ePub formatting issues you are so passionate about. Whether it was Stanza, Marvin, Kindle app or iBooks....the basic "reading a book" part has always been fine for the books I read (mass market fiction and histories).

I'm really happy if:

1. adjust the screen by running finger up and down (not burried in a menu)
2. get books into the apps easy
3. understand and handle book series
4. day/night mode (custom colors is a nice bonus)
5. Sync between iOS and Android

The last one is what moved me from Marvin to FBReader. I can now read on my iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire Tablet or Walmart Onn tablet and the sync works across all.

Nicely -- if I've loaded a book on one device, then I open FBReader on another, it downloads the book automatically.

I don't carry all my books on my device so I don't need extensive support for book management within the app.

And, as I started with.....I've never had the problems you have with reading epub books.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:14 AM   #35
mongonia
mongonia began at the beginning.

Device: none
yes, black background in night is good for eyes, i do love it too.
mongonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #36
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongonia View Post
yes, black background in night is good for eyes, i do love it too.
It may be good for your eyes, but definitely not for everyone's. If I read black background with lighter text for more than a few minutes I get a blinding headache. The text just swims, and it's very hard for me to focus.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #37
GracieAllen
Enthusiast
GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.GracieAllen is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Nexus 9
I was surprised when I checked my Cool Reader settings. I'm the same as the OP. #CCCCCC text on #000000 in night mode for reading in bed. Brightness on the Galaxy Tab S6 is 1% and adjustable by sliding the left edge.

For daytime I use black text on off-white - slightly lighter than parchment with a very slight texture.
GracieAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #38
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
When I read on my phone I use the default Moon+ Reader's default Day Theme, and have switched the default Night Theme with one of the others already available (black background + blue text). In general I like warmer colors for reading during the day: I also created a custom theme with dark red background and light yellow text (Font: R255, G255, B222; Background: R134 G51 B66).
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Favorite reading colors is some color grey for the background and black for the text. These are the colors when using my H2O. I can change the background color when using the front light.

When I read on my iPhone or iPad, the colors are white background with black text. But I turn down the brightness and the background becomes more greyish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote