Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #42436
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Yesterday I got my first Diamond Painting. That's like painting with numbers, but instead of smelly oil paint you use resin "diamonds" (either round or square). (Because I haven't got enough hobbies to keep me occupied) Tonight I had planned on just preparing the project so I could start tomorrow. But after preparing I just wanted to get on with it. So I did a little square. It was fun. A great mostly mindless activity ideal for after a Saturday alone in the store. The lightpad I bought in January for drawing and watercolouring came in handy, it was the first time I used it.

This project isn't big 30 by 40 centimeters, just over 15000 diamonds. Next week a bigger project should arrive. I can't wait to see the finished project.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #42437
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Enjoying being a new cat mom again! My wife and I brought home our new babies Sei and Sachiko from the shelter yesterday. They are both eight weeks old and from the same litter, but Sachiko is a full 1/3 size bigger than Sei, who was the runt of the litter.

Needless to say, we are both in love already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sei - Day 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	173184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sachiko - Day 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	173185  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #42438
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Enjoying being a new cat mom again! My wife and I brought home our new babies Sei and Sachiko from the shelter yesterday. They are both eight weeks old and from the same litter, but Sachiko is a full 1/3 size bigger than Sei, who was the runt of the litter.

Oh, da dittle babies! *petses*

I'm... budgetting. 'Spent a little too much money during my trip. It was worth it, though; I don't know when I'll see my family again. #ElPasoStrong
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #42439
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:

Completely adorable! Enjoy! .... watching your house being destroyed ... and loving every minute of it!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #42440
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Congratulations on the new kitties. We've had ours for almost a year now and I wouldn't want to miss them.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #42441
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

CONGRATS, squeee! Nothing brings joy like new baby kitties and other critters, especially when you rescue them from the shelter, right?

Enjoy!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:21 AM   #42442
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I need new curtains, after the fire six years ago I decided it wasn't worth it to get my curtains dry cleaned and got cheap curtains from Ikea. Planning to get good ones later on. Recently the neighbours had a broken security light, making it flicker throughout the night. They did switch it off the next day, but it was my motivation to finally get good, light blocking curtains.

I've decided to go for two layers; the light blocking curtains and net curtains for when I want to have the window open for fresh air in summer.

I think I've now got everything in my online shopping cart I need and I saw that shipping it is only €3, that beats finding everything at my local Ikea store. Even if my father and sister are planning a trip to the store this week.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #42443
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

'Haven't slept all night; been cleaning and reorganizing the living room. It has a nice addition now--a drafting table! Nice enough... for a dumpster find! lol

Time to go to bed. *sleep-walking*
Old 09-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #42444
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Preparing for a busy morning at the store. I want to finish processing the big shipment that came in on Tuesday and, if I have time, start on the shipment that came in yesterday.

I've got this afternoon off, and I think I'm going to do some reading and some diamond painting (new hobby).
Old 09-07-2019, 10:45 PM   #42445
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Listening to the Cubs game, browsing the internet, and generally feeling "f--- this"
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #42446
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm meal planning for my vacation in two weeks time. Next week I want to get some of the groceries that will keep. The morning before I leave I will get the other things. The vacation park has a small supermarket and if the weather is good enough I can cycle to the nearby town two miles away.

I'm really looking forward to my reading retreat. After all the chaos of the last couple of weeks after my father's bicycle fall (everything is fine now) I need some time to introvert.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #42447
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
We are currently being held captive by a purring cat.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:42 PM   #42448
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Attempting to repair two PCs; one is a Win 8.1 PC and the other is Win 10... *crossing fingers*

[Update: It's doable. I might be able to salvage the 8.1 PC; It'll take a lot of effort though.]

Last edited by trichobezoar; 09-14-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:51 AM   #42449
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at my vacation packing list to see what I can pack this afternoon. The weather prediction for next week isn't that good, it'll rain every day. So I've decided to bring my big, cozy blanket to curl up under.

Initially I wanted to cycle to the nearest town and supermarket on Tuesday, after I had seen what the supermarket on the vacation park stocked. But with the current weather forecast I've decided to go to the supermarket on Monday, before leaving for vacation, and just stock up on some things so I have enough food for the first couple of days. I've been to this park before, a couple of years ago in May, and the supermarket was fairly well stocked, hopefully it also is at the end of September.

I'm really looking forward to next week. It's been a chaotic couple of weeks and this will give me a chance to recharge my batteries before the busy time in the store begins.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #42450
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm at my vacation apartment. I've got a ground floor apartment, with a patio and some grass. I was afraid there wouldn't be a lot of privacy, but that isn't the case, my view is very green. So far, besides various birds, a rabbit came hopping by and also several squirrels. I'm near the shop and restaurant, which is nice, especially with the rainy weather forecast.

Yesterday I felt as if I was going to get a throat infection and a cold. I stocked up on various medicines. But today I'm feeling a lot better, just a bit headache-y, but that's probably due to the stress of a busy day.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?