Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Can't change minibar font size.

I have been trying to increase the size of the font in the mini status bar on KOReader. On my Kobo version using advanced edit and adjusting the entries for :

DMINIBAR_CONTAINER_HEIGHT = 14
DMINIBAR_FONT_SIZE = 14

To size 20 gives me a more readable size.

However on my Android version if I make that change it doesn't take effect and if I check again it shows 14 (both before and after a re-start).

AIUI these values should be written to default.lua, however I cannot locate a file with that name on the reader. If I create one with the above entries (size 20) it is ignored. Where does KOReader expect to find default.lua - I have placed it in the /koreader folder where there is an empty default.persistent.lua.

How can I adjust the font size - on Android advanced settings doesn't work and neither does trying to create by hand a default.lua file.

Currently using 2016.07

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I have placed it in the /koreader folder where there is an empty default.persistent.lua.
Not sure what is going on, but default.persistent.lua takes precedence over default.lua, so if it is empty, I think that koreader would interpret that as there's no option settings and, of course, ignore default.lua. Or maybe not? Not programmer, so I don't know what is actually coded.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:17 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
An empty defaults.persistent.lua would have no effect, while one with something relevant in it would. A default.persistent.lua without an s wouldn't ever do a thing.

It works as expected for me. If you edit the advanced settings through the GUI and exit/restart the program (so that you're prompted to save) it creates a defaults.persistent.lua file in the /koreader directory.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
@Frenzie

I I had gone through that a couple of times but with no effect, I was sure I had exited and saved. I've done it again and now have a defaults.persistent.lua containing the appropriate settings and things work.

Why the previous one was empty I'm not sure (just the first line describing its function).

Thanks for getting me to go through it all again.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote