Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
another connection question

I'm pretty sure this is not a computer, calibre, or calibre companion problem, but I didn't know where else to ask this.

I have calibre on a Windows 10 laptop.
I have 2 android tablets running CC.
Sometimes one or the other tablet will not connect through my house Wireless Network Adapter (I think that is the term). Switching between private and public and fixed port and non fixed port and just restarting and restarting occasionally corrects the problem. And there appears no rhyme or reason why - so I can't just set it and forget it.

However, no matter how the pc is changed and no matter whether fixed port or not it ALWAYS will connect through my Verizon mifi. So, I think it is a problem with my home network, but have not a clue how to correct it.

I just got a new Ipad and it will only connect through the Verizon mifi. Through the home network it gives that old error of connected, syncing, and then disconnecting 30 secs later.

While this is not a huge problem adding books, I would like to do some library maintenance between calibre and cc on my very big tablet library and would rather not use my limited data plan to do it.

Any ideas of what I can try next?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is your home router dual-band, 2.4 and 5GHz? Is your laptop connected by WiFi, not cable? If so, you might be running into the problem where some routers will not transfer information between bands, which can happen if your laptop is on one band and your device on another.

If this is your problem then you should look in the router's settings to see if cross-band traffic can be enabled. Another option would be to turn off a band, probably 5GHz for compatibility reasons, and see if the problem goes away. A third option would be to connect the laptop to the router using a cable. Finally, check that you are using only one WiFI SSID. If you have a "guest mode" SSID enabled then any device that connects to it will not see the laptop.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
This shows up in my pc settings: it is connected Network band: 2.4 GHz Network channel: 2. So, it might be a cross band problem. The Laptop is connected by wifi, not cable.

Thanks so much, chaley. I'll give these a try.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote