Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
stefetnadine
stefetnadine began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Unhappy Android application paid but not able to install

Hi, I have the Calibre companion application since at least 2 years. I had to clean all my tablet and start back to zero with it. When I tried to re-install the app, it say that I should pay for it. How to fix this ? because I already paid for it.
Thanks
N
stefetnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I assume you are saying that the Google Play store on the reset tablet is saying you haven't purchased CC. This happens if after you reset the tablet you didn't use the identical Google identifier (email address) you used to buy CC. I have never seen a case where Google lost track of a purchase within an account.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I've had this happen multiple times on my new ereader. I believe it was when I went to the Play Store for the first time after a factory reset. But when I went to the Play Store from my PC I had no problem pushing it to my device. Or the whole thing was the opposite. I'm not sure why and it may have been gone away once I downloaded anything from the Play Store.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
fernandie
fernandie began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3
I'm currently having this problem. I've worked through all the troubleshooting with Google support and they have no further options to try. I simply uninstalled the app and then tried to reinstall; I hadn't even factory reset. I can't push the app from the browser version of the Play Store because I get an error. When I try to install from the Play Store app on the device, it prompts for payment. I finally did do a factory reset in the hopes it would work, but I'm still being prompted for payment. It's the exact same account I've used on all my devices that I've run CC on. I'm able to install on other devices without being prompted for payment, so it's not an issue with my Google Play Store account.

How can I get it installed again? Is there a way I can manually install the app on my device? Or force an install?
fernandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:30 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
did google tell you to view your purchase history. looking there is a good place to start. there is also separate pay history in google which records all moneies you have ever given them
1. on pc: play store -> account -> order history
2. change url to pay.google.com -> look in activity
finding the app purchase in one or both of those will prove you bought it from that google account. and not finding it will support the theory that you used a different account.
if you find it in method 1 you will get to an order number which you can quote to CC developer

you did not perchance buy it via amazon app store app? it is was from that store, and you have to re-install the amazon store app on your device and re-download it

FYI
I learnt more than I ever needed to know recently about how google keeps records because of a long wrangle with both google and a developer over getting a refund on an app that google has pulled form store because of GPDR.
[when an app is removed from store, the purchase record vanishes from your app purchases [ list 1 above] but the pay record remains in list 2]

Last edited by stumped; 07-31-2019 at 11:58 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
fernandie
fernandie began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3
The purchase shows up in both my order history and in my payment activity. I guess I'll contact the developer directly in hopes to resolve it.
fernandie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, application, paid, tablet