Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #121
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I'm unable to download the file for the fonts. My computer keeps saying that the file is invalid.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #122
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I'm unable to download the file for the fonts. My computer keeps saying that the file is invalid.
You're right. I just downloaded the file and everything seems fine, but the file won't open. It did work before. Maybe JS can upload it again. If not, I have the file at home and can share later.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 AM   #123
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You're right. I just downloaded the file and everything seems fine, but the file won't open. It did work before. Maybe JS can upload it again. If not, I have the file at home and can share later.
Strange, I just downloaded both files and could extract the fonts inside.

Maybe you can try to use another "unzip-tool"? I'm guessing your are using Windows.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #124
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Iwas able to download and open the zip and open and view the regular font with Windows 7.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #125
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post

Maybe you can try to use another "unzip-tool"? I'm guessing your are using Windows.
I am using Windows. I tried your advice, and it worked. Thanks.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #126
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post

That is strange. I am using Windows 7's built in unzip capability, which is also how I opened it when I downloaded it the first time. It worked then. Didn't work yesterday. I dunno.

At any rate, I have the font already. If sneaky got the font, then no worries.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Have you been able to get the font or do you still need help?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #128
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you been able to get the font or do you still need help?
Jon, note that the current ChareInk v1.1.zip file is actually RAR compressed (according to 7-zip). This could explain some peoples problems accessing the file. The NoWeight version is zip compressed. 7-Zip happily copes with either.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:41 AM   #129
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Jon, note that the current ChareInk v1.1.zip file is actually RAR compressed (according to 7-zip). This could explain some peoples problems accessing the file. The NoWeight version is zip compressed. 7-Zip happily copes with either.
Thank you very much for catching that mistake. I've replaced the misnamed RAR file with a proper ZIP.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #130
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
No problem, thank you for creating this. You've obviously spent a lot of time on it.

It's the first time I've given it a proper look. I'm still on my Sony PRS-650* and at first I thought the font was going to be too dark and the text too dense for comfort. But I've played with the line-height, and at 125% it looks very good and definitely easier on the eye when the light is not perfect. (Line-height of 110% gives about the same number of lines on the page as the default font, but being darker the text is still very dense.) Thanks to PRS+ I've been able to set it all up as the default (switch it in to replace the default), so I don't even have to update any of my ebooks.

* I've had my eye on a H20, but I do like my Sony and it's still going strong (touch wood).

Last edited by gmw; 05-02-2017 at 10:42 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I designed the original version using a T1 to test it. This version I decided I wanted to up the weight and as long as I was at it, improve the kerning and I used a newer version.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:30 AM   #132
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Thanks for this, Jon! I'd downloaded the font long ago but only just started using it now. Looks great and is perfect for those who prefer to use small font sizes and small line spacing settings.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #133
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
man, chareink without weight is awesome, probably the best serif I tried for ereaders.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:21 AM   #134
syrianrue
syrianrue began at the beginning.

Device: none
which one is better for Kindle Paperwhite?

File Type: zip ChareInk NoWeight v1.1.zip (1.03 MB, 1644 views)
File Type: zip ChareInk v1.1.zip (1.05 MB, 2063 views)

ChareInk with weight? or
ChareInk NoWeight?
syrianrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #135
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrianrue View Post
which one is better for Kindle Paperwhite?

File Type: zip ChareInk NoWeight v1.1.zip (1.03 MB, 1644 views)
File Type: zip ChareInk v1.1.zip (1.05 MB, 2063 views)

ChareInk with weight? or
ChareInk NoWeight?
I'd recommend the one with weight. You could try both and see which one you prefer since font preferences tend to be very personal choices.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote