Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
felinus
felinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Cool Associating Files

Using Calibre Portable on Win XP
Trying to associate epub, mobi etc files with the viewer but all that happens is the viewer opens bit gives the message "input file must have an extension". But the input file has got an extension, the only way I can get it to work is if I rename the file.
Any clues ? Such a good reader needs using.
https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/smack.gif
felinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hm! I just noticed my Open With list is shorter on XP. (I had been through this a long time ago)

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Calibre\ebook-viewer.exe" "%1"
Note: there as 2 sets of quotes
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
felinus

Thanks for your input, but no it still comes up with the same error message. The association works as the viewer opens but does not load the ebook.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
felinus

Managed to associate epub with the viewer but still cannot do mobi files. Tried doing the association with windows explorer but to no avail, is this a bug ?