Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So why is boriar saying that KOReader works on the H2O2?
There could have been some changes since I looked into the code.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
There could have been some changes since I looked into the code.
Would you ind having a look and seeing if this is correct?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...es#newer-model
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Would you ind having a look and seeing if this is correct?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...es#newer-model
In the current situation the instructions under the heading "Aura One, Aura Edition 2, H2O2" are valid for all models (starting with the Touch), EXCEPT the H2O2. According to the information I got from the MR member geekraver, KSM does not work on H2O2 (see the posts starting with this).
Old 09-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In the current situation the instructions under the heading "Aura One, Aura Edition 2, H2O2" are valid for all models (starting with the Touch), EXCEPT the H2O2. According to the information I got from the MR member geekraver, KSM does not work on H2O2 (see the posts starting with this).
So why would it say that KOReader is working with the H2O2 when it's not?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #20
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
So why would it say that KOReader is working with the H2O2 when it's not?
This is what the author believed at the time of writing the instructions. At that time (I am not sure when exactly this was) I guess I also was of the opinion that it would work.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #21
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I think I wrote that because I thought it was confirmed to be working here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=753

Sorry for the confusion.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #22
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I think I wrote that because I thought it was confirmed to be working here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=753

Sorry for the confusion.
Things were a bit confusing, since stats mentioned his "new H2O" here. "new" however referred to the fact that he newly got it. In this post he clarifies that he has the original H2O.

To a somehow related topic: Isn't there any need to modify the code of Koreader for H2O2? As for instance the identification of the model? Did anybody try to run Koreader on H2O2 (without KSM, which does not work)? If it works, I could try to modify KSM to start with a koreader-nickel loop (without involvement of KSM binaries) as a temporary work around.

Last edited by tshering; 09-29-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #23
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In theory it's possible for it to work perfectly fine as a generic Kobo (except for some minor details like DPI, viewport and frontlight) but if anyone's tried it I don't know about it.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
In theory it's possible for it to work perfectly fine as a generic Kobo (except for some minor details like DPI, viewport and frontlight) but if anyone's tried it I don't know about it.
Since I had my doubts about this, I just did a test. It turned out that koreader does not try to run an unknown model as a generic Kobo, but exits with an error message. So for testing purposes one would have to pretend that it is a known model (e.g. PRODUCT=trilogy). Anyway there seems not to be much interest from H2O2 users.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #25
Frenzie
Wizard

Oh, good point. There's this little line standing in the way of that happening. But if you removed that line then, say, Dragon (Kobo Aura HD; not adding that for your benefit but for onlookers) should work just fine. But it wouldn't realize it supports frontlight and it wouldn't have the correct DPI.

I think that should be changed to something slightly more intelligent. The program might still be able to display some potentially useful information.