Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
td1955
td1955 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
screen problem

My sony reader was bought as a Christmas present and I loved it. But, after 2 weeks, the top right portion of the screen went blank. I took it back to the store and it was replaced, but I'm worried. did i do something wrong? I didn't drop it or anything like that. Was i just unlucky or has anyone else had this problem?
td1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hrmm, you might have just been unlucky possibly. Just take really good care of your new one, OK?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I upgraded to a 505 for Xmas also. Are you in a cold climate? I read a thread this week about a Reader being damaged by cold while in a backpack, after only about 20 mins. If I understood correctly, the whole screen was blanked.

Are you in a cold climate? Do you suppose that might have happened? Anyway, I'm glad that you were able to get a replacement.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote