Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2016, 04:40 AM   #1
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Broken Glo HD for spare parts

Hi
Does anyone have a broken Kobo Glo HD for spare parts and some soldering skills? I'm interested in 34 pin connector to the yellow ribbon cable.
Or maybe someone could point me to online store with this part

Spoiler:
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:09 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Any readers For Sale would be Posted in the Flea Market Forum
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Hi
Does anyone have a broken Kobo Glo HD for spare parts and some soldering skills? I'm interested in 34 pin connector to the yellow ribbon cable.
Or maybe someone could point me to online store with this part

Spoiler:
at least it's not covered in glue so hopefully you will be able to repair it good luck.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:45 AM   #4
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

So, after some diggin' on Mauser I found out that this connector must be something like this:
FH34SRJ-34S-0.5SH
or this:
AYF533435
or this:
XF2M, XF3M Series
Probably the one from Hirose is the original one. But I can't find it in Poland and buying on Mauser a $3 connector with $30 shipping to Poland is quite an absurd. Maybe it will be on some chineese site
Old 12-09-2016, 05:05 AM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How do you manage to break it anyhow? Hard to imagine for this (but nothing else) to break...

Sometimes broken Kobos are sold on Ebay, you can add a search monitor and get notified by email. If you get one with a broken display, you won't even have to bother fixing that connector, you can replace the mainboard entire.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #6
mietek81
Connoisseur

It fell to the floor. Nothing seems to be broken except for this connector. Screen is frozen and light was turning on so I'm hoping that fixing the connector will make it work again. And I found it on aliexpress - around $12 for 10pcs so that is a much better deal.
The reader actually isn't mine. I'm just helping a friend
Old 12-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #7
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Gosh, I got a spare motherboard and I trashed it 3 weeks ago after 1,5 years taking the dust on my desk (and reminded me I had to buy two gloHD in a month) :/
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #8
Daft
Daft began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
It fell to the floor. Nothing seems to be broken except for this connector. Screen is frozen and light was turning on so I'm hoping that fixing the connector will make it work again. And I found it on aliexpress - around $12 for 10pcs so that is a much better deal.
The reader actually isn't mine. I'm just helping a friend
Can you link the part you found? I've been looking all over for it!
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Can you link the part you found? I've been looking all over for it!
Check the date of the other posts.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote