Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2019, 05:16 AM   #1
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Aura 1, Kindle DXG, Kindle PW2
Any Calibre forum moderators out there?

Hi, I don't know how to identify who is a Calibre forum moderator, hence this thread. I would like to get the "Index of plugins" thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118764) updated, more specifically the entry "Amazon high-res covers".

I would like this entry updated with for version 0.4.0, and to use the name "Kindle hi-res covers", which has been the new name of the plug-in since then.

I would also like to know what would be the correct/best/recommended procedure to get this entry updated when the plug-in is changed. There are some other plug-ins I would like to add to that index, if that is possible.

Thank you in advance.
lbschenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to update the entry, calibre automatically reads up to date metadata from the plugin zip file to build its list of plugins. As long as the entry points to the correct thread, it should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #3
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont need to update the entry, calibre automatically reads up to date metadata from the plugin zip file to build its list of plugins. As long as the entry points to the correct thread, it should be fine.
Thanks for the quick reply, kovidgoyal. However, in Calibre the plug-in is still showing with the old name instead of "Kindle hi-res covers" Is there anything I can do to fix that?
Old 08-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shows the correct name for me: https://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/
Old 08-05-2019, 06:49 AM   #5
lbschenkel
Enthusiast

That's odd. I was going to take a screenshot of the Calibre plug-ins dialog to show how it was showing "Amazon high-res covers" in my system, but now the name has changed there. I could swear that my Calibre was showing the old name, but I have not taken a screenshot before and now I ain't sure if there was something funky going on or I need to get my vision checked.

Anyhow, I'm glad that it looks OK now. Regarding getting new plug-ins into the index, how should I proceed? Feel free to direct me to a different channel if this is not the proper way to do it.

- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295399
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295403
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295402
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295393
Advert
Old 08-05-2019, 09:12 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's fine hopefully one of the mods will add the entries for you if not bump this thread in a day or so and I will do it. Am travelling right now, and editing such a large post with a phone is problematic at best.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For the record: the list of moderators for any particular forum/subforum can be seen at the bottom of the page when at the root of said form/subform.

Click image for larger version

Name:	moderators.png
Views:	129
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	172779

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-05-2019 at 09:41 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've tried to add the store plugins. I had to add a new section, as there didn't seem to be one.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #9
lbschenkel
Enthusiast

Thank you all for the help. There's no urgency, though, so feel free to take your time.