Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 04:07 AM   #1231
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Hi Davidfor.

Thanks, that's not what I expected so my workflow is this:

* Open Calibre Companion and enter a date into a custom column called DateRead
* Eventually sync back to Calibre
* In Calibre Use a custom search to find any books read recently
* Highlight and click add to shelf.

I was expecting that this would then upload the book with the date I read, if you can help me get the settings I need to do this I would appreciate it.
If you have the configuration that I stated above, then that is what should happen.

Just to be clear:

If you do not have the option "Upload date read to Goodreads when adding to this shelf" on the "Edit Shelf Add Actions" dialog for the "read" shelf, the date read will be set by GR to its defaults. I think this is the current date.

If you have not set the "Date read column" in the "Synchronisable Custom Columns" section of the main configuration dialog, again, the date read will be set by GR to its defaults.

If you have both the above options set, then when you use "Add to shelf" and select the "read" shelf, the books listed will have a "Date Read" column. This will be set to the value from the column chosen above. If the column has no value, the current date will be shown. When you press the "Add to shelf" button, the plugin will set the last read date to this value.

So, what you are saying is how it is supposed to work. If it isn't, then check the configuration and what you are seeing when you use the "Add to shelf" function. If it is correct, then run calibre in debug mode, do an "Add to shelf" and close calibre. Then post the displayed log. Hopefully I will be able to see the problem from that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #1232
mpompey
mpompey began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone SGS6
ERROR: Unhandled exception SSLHandshake Error

I'm getting the following above when trying to authorize goodreads sync plugin in calibre.

I'm running calibre on Windows Server 2016 environment, with 16GB Ram, Core i5 CPU.

I'm not sure my first steps to troubleshoot this issue. I've searched online but haven't been able to find my issue with the goodreadssync plugin mentioned online. It seems to just work for others online.

Here is a copy of the error details from calibre:

calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SSLHandshakeError</b>:[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)

calibre 3.44 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.14393-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.14393')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.14393', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 1, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.config", line 1091, in authorize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 205, in get_request_token_secret
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 121, in _oauth_request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 684, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1671, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1411, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1331, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1104, in connect
SSLHandshakeError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)
mpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #1233
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That usually means a certificate or CA expiry on your machine. You need to refresh that. Just visiting the site using IE or Edge should do this.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #1234
mpompey
mpompey began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone SGS6
Okay thanks, I will try that today.
mpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #1235
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

Just got this trying to remove books from a shelf. Yes, it was 50 books, but I didn't get this the first time I did it. Long story short, I have a shelf with 280 books that I need to clear out, and I thought I would do it in batches using sync. The first 50 books went through, the next 50 gave me the error code. I tried it with less books (20) and still got the code.

calibre, version 3.45.2
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 500
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
<status>500</status>
<error>Internal Server Error</error>
</hash>
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #1236
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi,

Just got this trying to remove books from a shelf. Yes, it was 50 books, but I didn't get this the first time I did it. Long story short, I have a shelf with 280 books that I need to clear out, and I thought I would do it in batches using sync. The first 50 books went through, the next 50 gave me the error code. I tried it with less books (20) and still got the code.

calibre, version 3.45.2
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 500
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
<status>500</status>
<error>Internal Server Error</error>
</hash>
Can you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? I want to see what the plugin is doing for each of the requests.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:30 AM   #1237
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure if this is known, but I discovered (after a long battle) that if the Calibre library is on any kind of virtual library, then you cannot download tags as shelves to a book, and that book also won't link to Goodreads. Sure it says it links, but you don't get that little icon indicating the exact match, and the books tags won't download. Even if the book is showing in the virtual library.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #1238
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not sure if this is known, but I discovered (after a long battle) that if the Calibre library is on any kind of virtual library, then you cannot download tags as shelves to a book, and that book also won't link to Goodreads. Sure it says it links, but you don't get that little icon indicating the exact match, and the books tags won't download. Even if the book is showing in the virtual library.
This is intended. The plugin is acting within the context of the virtual library. It should only be changing or acting on books that are included in the virtual library. Hence, syncing a shelf will only show books the books in the virtual library. If that isn't what you want, you need to do the actions when viewing the full library.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:47 AM   #1239
Rellwood

I was trying to download the tags for only one book, which was being shown in the current library view. I also was trying to link to Goodreads. So the plugin won't work for any books if the library view is set, even if the books affected are in the current view?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #1240
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was trying to download the tags for only one book, which was being shown in the current library view. I also was trying to link to Goodreads. So the plugin won't work for any books if the library view is set, even if the books affected are in the current view?
Sorry, I misread what you were saying. I assumed you were talking about a book not shown in the current virtual library. I would expect to work for books visible in virtual library, but, I don't think I have ever tried this. I'll have a look when I get a chance.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #1241
per1970
per1970 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Here is what I want to do:
I read ALOT on my kindle.

I sync with goodreads and rate everything.

Now I ALSO like to import all the books into Calibre using the PC version the Kindle reader.

I want to import my ratings for these books into Calibre. And using the Sync Shelf function is not an option as my "Read" Shelf has 2185 books in it :/

Is there a way for me to update a selection of books with the ratings/review from GoodReads ?
per1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:30 AM   #1242
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

From memory, you can export a shelf as a CSV file. You could then use the Import List plugin to import the shelf and rating. I'm pretty sure someone has done this. I'm not sure if the discussion was in this thread or the Import List thread.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:46 AM   #1243
BananaTricky
BananaTricky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by per1970 View Post
Here is what I want to do:
I want to import my ratings for these books into Calibre. And using the Sync Shelf function is not an option as my "Read" Shelf has 2185 books in it :/

Is there a way for me to update a selection of books with the ratings/review from GoodReads ?
I shelve my books in GoodReads by the year read (eg 2019-read, 2018-read etc) and then sync by year - I can sync 750 books that way (2012 was a big reading year) which was a bit clunky but most years are in the 30-400 range and sync just fine.

Hope that helps.
BananaTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #1244
turing79it
turing79it began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle v4
read date on shelving, tag upon shelving

Sorry if this has been asked already. Two things.

I don't understand why there is a mapping from GR shelves to tags, but it is used only one way. If I add a book to a GR shelf from calibre, I don't see the tag automatically in calibre too. I either have to sync from GR, or to add manually the action in the "add to shelf" action.
It seems a useless duplication of work.
Am I missing something?

Suppose I have a book in Calibre that I want to read and I want to put into the "fantasy" shelf. If I add it only to "fantasy" from Calibre, it will also get added to "read" and the finished date of today.
If I add it at the same time to both "fantasy" and "to-read", it will not be "read" in GR, but the finished date will still be set.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
turing79it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:31 AM   #1245
LoZioSpino
LoZioSpino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
OK. "Skip" should be on that last book. And the "Ok" button should be disabled for any book that doesn't have an available match. Or at least shouldn't throw an error like that. I'll fix it, but it will probably be the weekend.
Hi, are there any news about this fix? Thank you
LoZioSpino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads