Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
PenguinCEO
Member Retired
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
故事主要描述當伐木

故事主要描述當伐木

Last edited by PenguinCEO; 04-16-2020 at 02:01 PM.
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
One option is to transfer your books as kepubs rather than epubs. In kepubs the page will auto-turn if your highlight goes past end of page. If you're a calibre user you can set this as an automatic send-to-device option. If not you could consider the kepubify standalone utility.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #3
cajunrph
cajunrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2 & 3, Kobo Forma, Nook Glowlight 3
Change the font size till it's on the same page.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
cajunrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
PenguinCEO
Member Retired
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
故事主要描述當伐木

Last edited by PenguinCEO; 04-16-2020 at 02:01 PM.
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:05 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
One option is to transfer your books as kepubs rather than epubs. In kepubs the page will auto-turn if your highlight goes past end of page. If you're a calibre user you can set this as an automatic send-to-device option. If not you could consider the kepubify standalone utility.
That makes no difference. The Kindle sort of selects like that, but with poor control.
I've learned to select enough context and put an intelligible note so that export via calibre to a text file makes sense when I'm editing the original. I know people have other reasons for annotations, like study or reviews.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinCEO View Post
All my books are kepub, and I haven't seen this feature working. Can you be a little more precise?
Press-hold the first word to be highlighted. Drag (still holding) to bottom right corner until the page turns by itself. Keep holding. At this point the whole of that next page will probably also be selected. Still holding, drag back to where you wanted the selection to end. Then stop holding and select either 'Highlight' or 'Add Note' from the pop-up menu.

As an experiment, I've just tried the above (in any kepub) on 4 different devices (H2Ov1, AuraOne, ClaraHD, Forma). On all but the AuraOne it seems to work reliably all the time. However, on the AuraOne it works sometimes but not always. Some say the AuraOne is known to have touch accuracy problems. I wonder if that's the root of the problem? I'm not much of a note-taker myself so it never really affected me when the AuraOne was still my main reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
That makes no difference. The Kindle sort of selects like that, but with poor control.
I've learned to select enough context and put an intelligible note so that export via calibre to a text file makes sense when I'm editing the original. I know people have other reasons for annotations, like study or reviews.
I've no idea what point you're trying to make. What makes no difference?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:08 AM   #7
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Press-hold the first word to be highlighted. Drag (still holding) to bottom right corner until the page turns by itself. Keep holding. [...]
It doesn't work to me on KA1. Is there someone with the fw 4.15.12920 (the update of May 2019) who can try if it works?

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 08-11-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote