Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
No, I mean it's calling itself Barbara's Kindle or something like that, I am not creative enough to come up with something better that I like, so I just left the whole device "in its natural, untempered with state" so to speak and the only thing I miss is a time setting.
Oh right. I renamed mine to my telephone number so if I do lose it, its easy to find a number unlike the useless personal info section at the end of the 3rd page of settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
That's another reason why I prefer not to register it, when it syncs every so often, it resets the time.
If you do manually set the time then it disables the automatic time setting. You might be able to register, manually set the time and then deregister?
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #17
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
You just need to have registered the Kindle to enable collections as Amazon has it as part of their syncing data.
Yes, that's what I was saying. Once you've registered, you don't need a wireless connection to use collections.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #18
wongdong
Connoisseur
wongdong has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360, Pocketbook 903
[QUOTE=Tiersten;1136910]Oh right. I renamed mine to my telephone number so if I do lose it, its easy to find a number unlike the useless personal info section at the end of the 3rd page of settings.[/QUOTE

Oh, thats actually a very good idea! Thanks.
wongdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #19
Jackie7
Enthusiast
Jackie7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Where can I download the kindle collection creator? I cannot find that software using google, so where can I get it?

Thanks alot
Jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #20
sugardrop2
sugardrop2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My Kindle Paperwhite is registered with Amazon, and the collections option is still grayed out. I also tried a reboot to no avail
sugardrop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert