Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
SandDanz
SandDanz began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise, Sony PRS-600 (red)
Question Problem transferring Secure epub to PRS600

I purchased a secure epub file from fictionwise a few days ago and ran into problems when trying to transfer the file to my Sony PRS600. I've contacted them, but haven't gotten a response yet, so thought maybe someone here could help. The file opens fine within the Sony Reader software, but when I go to open it on the reader I just get a triangle in the middle of the screen with an exclamation point in the middle and below that it says "Page Error!". I've never had a problem transferring any other secure epub files that I've downloaded from their site before to my e-reader, so I'm not sure why this particular file is giving me problems. If anyone has suggestions they are greatly appreciated as I really don't want to read the book on my laptop screen.
SandDanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sounds like the Reader is not authorized?

Maybe it got de-authorized?

You might try re-downloading it?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
SandDanz
SandDanz began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise, Sony PRS-600 (red)
Not sure how it would get de-authorized... I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.

I did just try to re-download the file and transfer it again, but got the same results.
SandDanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDanz View Post
I purchased a secure epub file from fictionwise a few days ago and ran into problems when trying to transfer the file to my Sony PRS600. I've contacted them, but haven't gotten a response yet, so thought maybe someone here could help. The file opens fine within the Sony Reader software, but when I go to open it on the reader I just get a triangle in the middle of the screen with an exclamation point in the middle and below that it says "Page Error!". I've never had a problem transferring any other secure epub files that I've downloaded from their site before to my e-reader, so I'm not sure why this particular file is giving me problems. If anyone has suggestions they are greatly appreciated as I really don't want to read the book on my laptop screen.
I didn't get as far as you have. I bought a Stephen King book formatted for ePub from Fictionwise today but when I tried to download it I got this message:

"The requested eBook title is currently not available for download at this time. This most often occurs when the title has not been released by the publisher for general distribution. Please try again later."

My payment went through OK and the book shows up in my Bookshelf. I put in a trouble ticket but I haven't heard anything either. And I've been trying to download it again but I still get the same message.

There are a lot of secure ePub books listed on Fictionwise now but they seem to be having some problem getting it going.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote