Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
RPribyl
RPribyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Kindle in Pink

Does anyone know when they will be selling the Pink K2 that is talked about with the new Stephen King eBook? I can't find it on Amazon Also I tried searching the forum first but could only find threads about covers, so sorry if this has been discussed
RPribyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPribyl View Post
Does anyone know when they will be selling the Pink K2 that is talked about with the new Stephen King eBook? I can't find it on Amazon Also I tried searching the forum first but could only find threads about covers, so sorry if this has been discussed
I believe that Stephen King was the only one with the pink one. A "special order" if you will.

Will do a check.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
There wont be a pink one. That was a one off done especially for stephen king. You can buy a skin to put on it to make it pink, but thats as close as youll come.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a blurb from his book "UR" available for the K......could it be the pink was taken the from 'pink kindle' that the character got in the mail?

Quote:
Amazon.com Review
Since his first novel was published in 1974, Stephen King has stretched the boundaries of the storyteller as a writer who constantly redefines his readers' experience by working in various genres and formats . Whether in an epic horror novel, like THE STAND, a serial-novel like THE GREEN MILE, or a novella like SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, King is able to deliver a reading experience like no one else can. As quickly as a spider spins its web, King reminds us why he's the master of the novella - a format which, up until now that is, one might have thought is fast disappearing. In his new novella, UR, King is at his unsettling best as he examines the future of the written word - for better or worse. Following a nasty break-up, lovelorn college English instructor Wesley Smith can't seem to get his ex-girlfriend's parting shot out of his head: "Why can't you just read off the computer like the rest of us?" Egged on by her question and piqued by a student's suggestion, Wesley places an order for Amazon.com's Kindle eReader. The [pink?] device that arrives in a box stamped with the smile logo -via one-day delivery that he hadn't requested - unlocks a literary world that even the most avid of book lovers could never imagine. But once the door is open, there are those things that one hopes we'll never read or live through. Firm, gripping, and deftly written by a craftsman at the top of his game, this is King at his crisp, clear, page-turning best. Download and read UR only on Kindle.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPribyl View Post
If you go here, there are dozens of skins available for your Kindle........

http://www.decalgirl.com/
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you go here, there are dozens of skins available for your Kindle........

http://www.decalgirl.com/
And my understanding is that they will sometime accommodate requests for custom skins. They don't have any solid color skins for the Kindle, but they do for other devices. So you could ask them to do a pink skin for the Kindle and they might just do it for you.
Here's the solid pink in an iPod skin: http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/...4&nbt=14&ic=48
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm not sure I would want one that pink anyway - the burning of my retinas would be too distracting and I wouldn't be able to read.
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
And, having just finished that book by King, I want it!!! Haha! if only it existed! Briefly the premise is there are multiple realities where some authors may have written many more books!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
And, having just finished that book by King, I want it!!! Haha! if only it existed! Briefly the premise is there are multiple realities where some authors may have written many more books!
Then get theeself to decal girl! And send pics!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
HaHa! I want the features of that book! Not the Pink! I think I have picked out the Zen decal, but I want to sit on that for a few days after having seen the thread about the skins you can create.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
That particular pink looks entirely too much like Pepto Bismol. I think my tummy would churn if I had to look at it frequently.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #12
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
If you want a solid color skin, get thee to Tego and make a custom one.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Great..........now I have to go THERE and see if i can come up with anything southwestern...................
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
Nickfdr
Enthusiast
Nickfdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Wow, i want a pink kindle with hot rod flames
Nickfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
RPribyl
RPribyl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Thanks for all the replies! I actually don't have a Kindle right now but I do have the Sony Reader. I'm tempted by the Kindle 2 but I did enter the contest so maybe I'll win. Right now I can't spend the money to have two Readers and my husband wouldn't understand anyway lol. He's not even that fond of real books. I've been trying to convert him to reading for awhile...just doesn't work.
RPribyl is offline   Reply With Quote