Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #16
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
ROFL @ Morpheus Yep I is a chickie

No I am not in the Navy, nor was my hubbie (now ex..ok in another couple weeks "ex"). He just moved us a lot..in fact so did my parents...from 16 to 33 yrs old I have moved every 3-14 months, I am an expert at it now!
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #17
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

BTW, I LOVED IL, hope to move back out west sometime soon...people here are SO wound around the axle
Advert
Old 04-27-2005, 10:18 AM   #18
Shackbase
Shackbase began at the beginning.

Device: Axim x30 624mhz
doh - sorry.. WOMAN... thanks morpheus...

Illinois.. sucks btw... speaking from someone that has lived in a few different countries.. I am convinced god was bored one day and spun the globe around and whereever his finger landed would be hell on earth... incidentally... just 3 blocks away from my house..

--Tone
Shackbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #19
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

lol, sorry about that Shackbase!

Why do you hate it so much?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #20
Shackbase

its not so much that I hate it - it's more .... for a city of this size there's only 4 things you can do, go to the movies, go bowling, go to a bar or go to church...

There's not even any decent shopping malls or anything, not to say that we don't have any but seriouslly.. you want to do something more substantial, you're forced to drive into Chicago 80 miles away.

--Tone
Advert
Old 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #21
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

lol, that's pretty bad when a GUY is complaining about the shopping! JK

There's that one good mall in like Eldin or something, just past Crystal Lake on the way to Chicago from where you are. I used to go there when I needed a shopping fix or to walk the babies and just get out for a bit

I was pretty sick while I lived there, in the hospital for a bit too and then on complete bed rest for about 4 mths of a pregnancy, so I guess I didnt' get out much, but I miss the library there most, it had fictional movies and all kinds of good stuff that the ones in VA don't Free movie night for me and the kids

Plus I like the people better, they are SO wound around the axle in NoVa! Everyone is too damn important to do anything but work and party until they are senseless.....not good, I miss just being able to relax, though I do believe in the "work hard, play hard" philosphy
Old 05-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #22
Shackbase

hey hey - I got two old enough to shop daughters... but for me its either best buy or compusa... or if I am really desperate circuitcity...

I'd much rather live on the East coast, better schools - NC would be nice from what I hear.

--Tone
Old 05-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #23
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackbase
for me its either best buy or compusa... or if I am really desperate circuitcity...
Now that's the way to shop!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #24
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackbase
hey hey - I got two old enough to shop daughters... but for me its either best buy or compusa... or if I am really desperate circuitcity...
Heh, _any_ age is old enough for a daughter to shop. If they're 3 or under, mum helps, but after that, they don't need any help!!!

Craig (with an 8 year old professional shopper of his own).
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #25
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

my boys (9 and 7 yrs old) and my daughter (4yrs old) are GREAT shoppers!

Yeah dont' get me near a electronics store or a book store or you'll lose me for a while
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 AM   #26
Shackbase

thank goodness we're atleast blessed with a borders AND a B&B.

--Tone
Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #27
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

We have a killer Barnes and Noble here, but I read mostly on my PDA, no matter how good the paper book is, so it's mostly online buying for me.

I got a 1G MS so I can store more ebooks and audio ebooks for Mommies Day
Old 05-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #28
Shackbase

i should try to read a book on my pda one of these days, I just don't know how I'd like it. can you book mark and make it easy to come back where you left off?

I used to have a limited edition leatherbound Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy, lost it in a move, and after seeing the movie this weekend for mothers day; I would love to read it again, perhaps on my pda, how appropriate would that be? Is that somethign I could find for my pda?

--Tone
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #29
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

I personally love to read on my PDA as it's always with me and that makes it easy to catch a read as I can, plus I don't have to have a booklight to read in bed

I have the Hitchhikers on my PDA, you can get ebooks like that sometimes free at the big "for sale" sites, especially during the holidays.

Write me and I'll help you get set up, if you'd like I do support at Palm247, so I am used to getting people going on their PDA's
Old 05-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #30
Shackbase

im not a palm guy tho... I'm a happy go lucky.. Axim X30 guy....

--Tone